The Play Development Service provides FREE open access play sessions for children and young people aged between 5-14 years old. The sessions are open access and are offered at various centres, parks and open spaces across Calderdale.
As part of a summer programme there will be various activities taking place from Monday 22nd July to Friday 30th September 2019
For further information contact the Play Development Service on 01422 380995 or visit www.calderdale.gov.uk
Calderdale Council runs a grants scheme for community organisations based in Calderdale.
The Small Grants scheme gives out one-off grants of up to £2,500 for voluntary and community sector projects that help achieve the Council’s ambition of making Calderdale a clean, safe, attractive and thriving area for people to live in, work in or visit.
To be eligible to apply for any of these grants your organisation must:
- Be a voluntary, community or faith group
- Be properly constituted
- Have a bank account in the name of the organisation
- Be open and accessible to the community you serve
- Have a planned approach to safeguarding issues, if you are working with children, young people and vulnerable adults
The closing date for complete applications is the 1st August 2019 with the Panel sitting on the 22nd August.
For further details visit the Grants page on the Small Grants Scheme or email email@example.com
EUREKA! have released dates for clubs right up to the end of the year now, so book your places if you haven’t done so already. Read more about the clubs and the different activities on the museums website
- Tues 6th August – Printmaking
- Tues 13th August – Sculpture
- Tues 20th August – Mosaics
- Tues 27th August – Tye-dye
- Sun 15th September – Clay Play
- Sun 13th October – Mosaics
- Sun 17th November – Sculpture
- Sun 8th December – Digi-Art (Autism only club)
Want to book?
Clubs are free but MUST be booked in advance by calling 01422 330 069
There are waiting lists for clubs so if you book but aren’t able to attend for any reason, please let the museum know and your place can be offered to another family!
Click here to view the latest Friday Flyer…
- TOMORROW! West View Park Family Fun Day
- Latest news from Lead the Way
- Furness Avenue new homes consultation
- Overgate Colour Run 2019 this weekend!
The Friday Flyer is our weekly e-newsletter which includes upcoming events, activities, information, local services and themes. We hope you will find this informative and useful. Let us know what you think.
Have a great weekend!
If you’re on our mailing list the Friday Flyer will arrive direct to your inbox every Friday. Join the mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
It may be that one of your friends or colleagues may have forgotten to re-subscribe and is missing their Friday Flyer but no need to worry. They can easily see the Flyer on this blog or subscribe to our mailing list again by clicking to stay in touch
Unsubscribe from the Friday Flyer Mailing List
Summer’s here and the latest Do Something is packed with great ideas to keep the kids occupied whatever the weather! Were you
inspired by the Tour de Yorkshire, which visited Calderdale again this year? There’s cycle training courses running for all ages and abilities in our sports section.
If you like the fresh air, be sure to check out Calderdale Parks and Wildlife activities including kite making, raft building and stream dipping.
click here to read or download a PDF of the latest issue .
Printed copies will be available from libraries, museums, sports centres and visitor centres shortly.
Lead the Way provides information and advice to people with a Learning Disability, their families and carers who live in Calderdale.
The July e-bulletin from Lead the way includes details of a successful art group which has been running since 2014, Mind the Gap Academy Showcase 2019 and more.
Read the latest edition online here…
If you would like to share your story, your service, or any information with Lead the Way, please email email@example.com
Pack your bucket and spade because the Beechwood Big Picnic is back!
Saturday 7 September, 12 noon – 4pm, Beechwood Park, Holmfield.
Lots of free activities for children, young people and grown-ups.
Traditional seaside attractions including a real beach, deckchairs and children’s entertainment. Bring your own picnic or choose from various food stalls.
- Dog Show Competition and Family Fun Run.
- Tug-of-War, Egg and Spoon, Knobbly Knees, Hook-a-duck.
- Have-a-go Pilates, Mountain Biking, Football, Rugby skills, Tai-Chi, Petanque, Croquet.
- Mad-Hatter’s Tea Party and DadsRUs in the Stocks!
- Phoenix Shed woodwork displays, Bowling Club demo
- Fire Engine and West Yorkshire Police.
- Community stalls and entertainment from Threeways Gymnastics, the Magpie Movers, Phoenix Radio.
Limited parking will be available at Trinity Academy Halifax, HX2 9TZ
Dogs welcome but please keep on a lead.
Event contact: 0300 555 0266