Skillshop are hosting a Valentines disco party on Friday February 14th at Siddal Ex-Servicemens club from 6.30pm to 9.30pm. Doors open at 6.30pm.
Tickets are £5.00 for adults and £2.50 for children. Supper and games are included.
There will be a raffle, themed quiz and cash bingo.
Please see the link below or contact Kristan on 01422 242777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and Tickets.
Venue: Siddal Ex-Servicemens Club, Siddal Ln, Halifax HX3 9JS, Tel: 01422 363205
We look forward to seeing you!
Assistant Support Manager
Registered Charity No.1114729
Company Reg No. 05561981
Treveleyn, Keighley Road, Halifax, HX2 8HE
Tel: 01422 242777 E-mail: email@example.com
Healthy Minds would like to invite you to a single day workshop exploring the factors contributing to the feelings of isolation and loneliness. Practical ways to reduce these will be discussed.
The workshop takes place Tuesday 21 January at 12.30-2.30 at Brighouse Library
Refreshments and light nibbles will be provided.
Booking is essential for this workshop as there is high demand and places are limited.
To book and for more info contact Nicola on 01422 345 154 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Healthy Minds: 1 King Street, Halifax, HX1 1SR
Venue: Brighouse Library, Halifax Rd, Brighouse, HD6 2AF
Supported by Big Lottery Fund Reaching Communities
The latest Lead the Way eBulletin is out now.
Read all about the progress of Living Well and upcoming events.
Lead the Way January 2020
- Health awareness days outcomes
- Living Well project report
- LeDer programme
- A look into sexual exploitation of vulnerable individuals
- Carers Trust survey
- Breast screening film for women with learning disabilities
- Valentine’s Disco at Atik
- and more…
“We believe everybody has the right to plan their own life, to be listened to, to be taken seriously, to be respected”
Calderdale Council and West Yorkshire Combined Authority are asking people to comment on plans for a new bus station in Halifax, which is due to be completed by 2023. The £15.4m scheme aims to deliver a modern, fit for purpose facility that complements the surrounding heritage and public space of Halifax town centre.
You will be able to see the plans and feedback your views online via the West Yorkshire Combined Authority’s ‘Your Voice’ website at www.yourvoice.westyorks-ca.gov.uk/hbs between Monday 13 January and Wednesday 12 February.
There will also be two drop-in sessions where you can see the plans, meet the project team, ask questions and provide feedback. The details of the sessions are:
- Tuesday 21 January 2020 at Halifax Town Hall – 4pm to 8pm.
- Saturday 1 February 2020 at Halifax Borough Market – 10am to 2pm.
For more information, please read: Halifax Bus Station A5 Flyer (web)
As part of the Calderdale Photography exhibition come and create your own landscape picture.
The event takes place on three separate dates during the Spring Half term:
February 18, 19, 20 from 11:00 – 16:00.
Suitable for 4-12 years old. £4 per child or £3 for Passport to Leisure.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit https://www.facebook.com/events/979825569068364/
Part of the Calderdale Local Offer
This year’s Holocaust Memorial Day event in Calderdale will take place at Halifax Minster on Monday 27 January from 6pm – 8pm. This year marks the 75th anniversary of Holocaust Memorial Day and also the 25th anniversary of the genocide in Bosnia.
Holocaust Memorial Day Event 2020
Monday 27th January from 6pm – 8pm
At Halifax Minster
- Welcome given by Canon Hilary Barber
- Introduction to the evening by The Mayor of Calderdale
- Music from Halifax Minster Choir
- The Anne Frank Trust and students from Trinity Sowerby Bridge Academy
- Music from Stephen Shulman and Friends
- Commander Nick Borwell of the Duke of Wellington Regiment
- Rudi Leavor – Cantor and Chair of the Bradford Synagogue
- The lighting of the HMD Candle and the Universal Prayer for Peace
For more information please contact Sail.Suleman@calderdale.gov.uk
Happy New Year from all of us at the Friday Flyer! We are back, bringing you once again all the news and events in your area.
Click here to view the latest North and East Friday Flyer…
New this week:
- Community Small Grants Scheme taking applications by February 3rd
- ASD Waiting List Coffee Mornings at Innovations every Thursday starting January 9th
- Local RSPCA pet photography competition now open for entries!
- Popples Almshouse Vacancy
Have a great weekend!
If you’re on our mailing list the Friday Flyer will arrive direct to your inbox every Friday. The Halifax N&E blog is updated daily and can also be subscribed to for free.
If you know someone who should also receive the Friday Flyer they can email us at email@example.com with the Subject ‘Subscribe to NE Flyer’.
Unsubscribe from the Friday Flyer Mailing List