This session on Friday 23 June 10am – 12pm will describe the national landscape and local responsibilities for commissioning and providing NHS services.
Participants will gain an understanding of how the NHS fits together and who has responsibility for providing specific local services. The purpose of this session is to provide an overarching understanding of a complicated system and provide a who’s who and who does what within the local NHS.
Who is this session aimed at?
The session, to be held at VAC, 8B Hall St, Halifax HX1 5AY, will be useful for Engagement Champions and voluntary community and social enterprise (VCSE) groups who want to provide local services in partnership with the NHS. It would also be useful to those who just want to understand how the NHS fits together.
Costs range from £30 to £80 depending upon the structure of your organisation. The course is booked online at http://cvac.org.uk/training but for further information email the training administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01422 348777.
Throughout 2017 Jill Webb Training will be running a number of training sessions covering the following:
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Paediatric First Aid
- Food Safety
- First Aid at work – 3 full days
Click here for a full list of upcoming training
There are so many providers to choose from so why choose Jill Webb Training?
- Our prices include accreditation, tea and coffee, parking and venues accessible by public transport
- We are both experienced in our areas of work so we have ‘walked the walk’ and are not simply teaching you theory that we have no experience of!
- The courses are fun and practical with a minimum of sitting and listening!
- There is no end of course exam but ongoing observation and assessment
- All our courses are accredited by ITC training (www.itcfirstaid.org.uk) who quality assure our work
- We believe in keeping the Yorkshire pound in Yorkshire and book local community venues for our courses
If you have any queries or need advice on your legal obligations contact us online at jillwebbtraining.co.uk or phone Steve on 07740704164 or Jill on 07808277525
The course is aimed at workers, volunteers and management committee members of community and voluntary groups who are involved in (or hoping to contribute to) their organisation’s fundraising efforts.
Monday 20 February – 9.30am to 12.30pm
At VAC Resource Centre, Hall St, Halifax, HX1 5AY
The workshop is open to people wanting to increase their confidence and success with funding bids. The emphasis is on group work and the atmosphere will be informal.
This session will cover:
- putting together a funding bid
- identifying a range of appropriate funders
- making funding applications
- monitoring and evaluation
Click here to book a place online
The Human Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery Awareness training is a FREE interactive half day training session for frontline workers, businesses and volunteers.
Wednesday 1 February 2017 – 1pm to 4.30pm
At Hebden Bridge Town Hall, St George’s St, Hebden Bridge, HX7 7BY
On completion of this session, participants will be able to;
- Explain what human trafficking is and the different types that exist
- Recognise the signs/indicators of different types of trafficking
- Respond appropriately to a victim / case of human trafficking
- How to notify in Calderdale and refer to the NRM
To book your FREE place, email email@example.com
FREE training delivered by experienced IT trainer, Anna Hyams including setting up an e-mail account, searching the internet, on-line banking, an introduction to the use of on–line services and more.
Every Thursday at St George’s House, Lee Mount – Each session starts at 9.30am with refreshments and will run for 2 hours
Call Lisa on 01422 353616 or text 07903 859595 to book yourself a place.
Do you want to get to grips with the refugee crisis and the impact it’s having in Calderdale? Maybe you want to learn more about setting up a not-for-profit organisation.
Sector Support Calderdale is holding a variety of training sessions from Tuesday 24 January including a Dementia Friends information session and more at the Orange Box, Halifax and Illingworth Fire Station.
Click here for a list of available training
Sector Support Calderdale training courses are now chargeable and the training costs vary from £10 to £55 – Payments can be made by bank transfer or cheque made payable to North Bank Forum – If you would like to pay by bank transfer, please contact for details.
To reserve places or to request a booking form contact Olivia Swingler or Jake Farrar on 01422 345174 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you live in North Halifax and you have type 2 diabetes then you are welcome to attend a FREE education course.
Starts Friday 13 January at The Greening Room, Threeways Centre, Nursery Lane, Ovenden, Halifax, HX3 5SX
This course helps to understand the basics of diabetes, provides nutritional information and informs how lifestyle and diet changes can help.
For more information or to book a place please call 01422 847871