Halifax Unity is a new community interest company on a mission to create stronger links between our communities in Halifax, to co-create our shared future, build trust and resilience.
We create spaces for specific groups to come together with shared intention for mutual support and solidarity, and we co-design events and projects that bring these groups together to make new links. We believe we have many of the answers we need within our communities, and we are stronger together. If you share this vision of unity in our diversity and co-creating our shared future, we would love to connect with you and hear your ideas 🙂 Here are a few things coming up…
– Trans and allies group – A safe and inclusive group for anyone that identifies as trans or gender non conforming and allies (partners/parents/friends). Get in touch if you would like to find out more and please pass on to family, friends, colleagues and people who use your services and may appreciate the connection.
– Improv / drama group – We are planning a new project for the new year combining play and self expression with opportunities for seldom heard voices to come forward. Whether you are interested in learning to act, to gain confidence to be who you are, to play at being different characters, or if you have a story to tell, or simply want to try something new, get in touch. We would particularly love this group to work for people in the most deprived areas of Halifax/Calderdale and for anyone who feels excluded or finds it hard to access other spaces. Everyone is welcome here. Get in touch if you want to know more.
Want to keep updated? You can find out more and contact us through our website halifaxunity.org or by email email@example.com.
Bradshaw Mummers are a street theatre group performing traditional mumming plays written by the group in a mumming tradition and they are looking for new members to join the troupe!
We perform at functions, indoors and outdoors, in full costume with music, pyrotechnics and occasionally the book of a naval canon!
If you would like to be part of this, we’d love to hear from you!
To see the Bradshaw Mummers in action, search on YouTube for “Bradshaw Mummers”?
Bradshaw Mummers rehearse at Arden Road Social Club on Wednesday evenings.
Whatever your age or gender, if you’re interested in joining contact :
t : 07895 798625
The much loved Christmas themed story by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler comes live on stage at the Victoria Theatre and you still have time to book tickets!
StickMan Live on Stage!
Touching, funny and utterly original, Freckle Productions’ delightful adaptation of Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler’s Stick Man is back in town!
What starts off as a morning jog becomes quite the misadventure for Stick Man: a dog wants to play fetch with him, a swan builds a nest with him, and he even ends up on a fire! How will Stick Man ever get back to the family tree?
This award-winning production, from the team behind Zog, Tiddler and other Terrific Tales, and Tabby McTat features a trio of top actors and is packed full of puppetry, songs, live music and funky moves.
There are four performances to choose from:
Friday 1.30pm and 4.00pm
Saturday 10.30am and 1.30pm
To book your tickets, visit here: Stick Man at the Victoria Theatre
For more performance news and events visit Victoria Theatre Online
The Victoria Theatre
t: 01422 351158
The Victoria Theatre
Bradshaw Mummers are holding two open evenings to introduce newcomers to their form of historical style street theatre.
Wednesdays 11 and 18 January 2017 from 8.30pm
At the Arch-Way Project, Arden Road Social Club, Halifax HX1 3AG
The nationally renowned team perform short plays for laughs at a variety of festivals and events on several weekends throughout the spring and summer.
They will soon be casting and rehearsing for this year’s play, so this is a great opportunity to meet the team and see how you might be part of it.
For information find Bradshaw Mummers on Facebook or visit www.bradshawmummers.com
Join Imagine Theatre on a magical journey and fly away to Neverland in this fantastic new panto for
2016 and see if Wendy, Michael and John can help Peter Pan and the Lost Boys defeat the villainous Captain Hook!
Saturday 10 December to Monday 2 January 2017
At Victoria Theatre, Halifax – In the Main Auditorium
- GREEN performances: £18.95(discounts available)
- RED performances: £15.00 (discounts available)
* Prices inclusive of a £1 Theatre Support Fee when booking via the box office and an additional £1.10 booking fee if booking online
Schools’ ‘Side of Stage’ Signed performance – Wednesday 14 December, 10.15am
Touch Tour – Saturday 17 December, 12pm
Visually-impaired theatre-goers get direct access to the stage and the opportunity to handle props. Please reserve your place via the Box Office.
Integrated Signed Performance – 28 December, 5.30pm & 29 December, 1pm
Where a BSL interpreter is involved in the action on stage.
Relaxed Performance – Friday 30 December, 10.30am
For children or adults with special needs, including Autistic Spectrum conditions and/or learning difficulties.
Click here to book online
From the creators of Santa’s Dizzy Day and Santa’s Rusty Robot comes a brand new festive show for 2-6 years olds, Santa’s Polka Dot Pirate on the following dates in the Green Room Bar at the Victoria Theatre.
- Thursday 1 December – 1.30 pm
- Thursday 1 December – 3.30 pm
- Friday 2 December – 10.30 am
- Friday 2 December – 1.30 pm
- Friday 2 December – 3.30 pm
- Saturday 3 December – 10.30 am
- Saturday 3 December – 1.30 pm
- Saturday 3 December – 3.30 pm
- Sunday 4 December – 10.30 am
- Sunday 4 December – 1.30 pm
- Sunday 4 December – 3.30 pm
The show is a fun packed festive experience for children aged 2-6 which will make them laugh, encourage them to get involved and sing their favourite songs as well as meeting Santa and receiving a gift from him.
Tickets cost Adults: £7.50. Children: £10.50, including gift – Nursery and preschool groups of 12+ all seats £9.50 with gift.
Click here to book online
Films, Music, Comedy and much more… There’s lots to see at Square Chapel these coming months including live music from the swing commanders and festive family fun.
Download the latest brochure here or find out more at www.squarechapel.co.uk