We are delighted to be able to advertise several vacancies within our Children’s Centres across North and East Halifax and the Lower Valley. Many of these opportunities have become available due to staff progression internally within the organisation.
North Halifax Partnership Sure Start Children’s Centres are excited to be recruiting for qualified and unqualified early years practitioners to work in our Children’s Centres in Calderdale. A variety of day/hours are currently available.
NHP Sure Start Children’s Centres have been in Calderdale since 2014 and now have a contract in place until March 2022. They are committed to supporting communities to provide high quality learning opportunities for children and parents/carers and they are invested in developing a strong passionate staff team that work with partners to ensure the best outcomes.
Early Years Practitioner Plus
This post is designed to attract qualified and experienced practitioners that are passionate about helping children develop to their full potential. This role will have a lead area for the candidate to develop within the centre and within the wider team, such as speech and language, SEN, safeguarding.
Early Years Practitioner
This post is designed to attract newly qualified and unqualified staff, staff returning to childcare following a break and staff wanting to get into this line of work. You will be working with children and their families to support them to develop and have the best start in life.
All the posts have an attractive annual leave package including a period of closure at Christmas, additional leave for 5 years’ service, attendance rewards and 2 training days a year. There are multiple training opportunities and internal career progression routes within the different departments of the organisation.
If you would like to come and see us in action, please get in touch
- Senior Early Years Practitioner – Wellhome Park – 24 hours per week
- Early Years Practitioner Plus – Innovations – 37 hours per week
- Early Years Practitioner Plus – Wellholme Park – 37 hours per week, TTO
- Early Years Practitioner Plus – Elland – 25 hours per week
- Early Years Practitioner Plus – Creations – 18.5 hours per week
- Early Years Practitioner – Innovations – 37 hours per week, TTO
- Early Years Practitioner – Wellholme Park – 30 hours per week
- Site Supervisor – Creations + Illingworth – 37 hours per week
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 16th June 2021
For more information about the individual vacancies and how to apply please visit our website at:
Are you a parent with children aged 3-18?
Do you want to help shape services for the future?
Come and be part of a study to promote family wellbeing!
Halifax Opportunities Trust, Sure Start Children’s Centres & North Halifax Partnership are working with UCL and Race Equality Foundation to offer Strengthening Families Strengthening Communities free Parenting Programme.
This free, 13 week course aims to help you to
- Build positive family relationships
- Manage anger and stress
- Implement effective discipline strategies
- Gain confidence and communication skills
- Understand your child’s development
- Recognise and value your family and cultural traditions
- Meet others and share ideas
The course is aimed at parents, step parents, grandparents and foster carers who have got a child aged between 3-18.
There will be two groups, starting on Tuesday February 2nd, 2021 at the Elsie Whiteley Innovations centre and Thursday February 4th, 2021 at the Holy Nativity Church in Mixenden.
Another course is scheduled for September 2021.
The programme is part of a research study from the University College London: The Together Study. This means that a researcher would like to talk to you before the programme starts and at three time points after the programme has finished. You will received £10 voucher for each questionnaire you complete with a researcher.
Part of the research is that parents are randomly allocated to either the group starting in February or allocated to a group starting in September. (The researchers can explain more about why) – a computer decides who takes part in the group now or in the group later and the decision cannot be influenced.
For more information please contact
- Noreen Safdar: 01422 434 980
- Beverley Thompson: 07741671792
- Julia Brierley: 07852174007
Programme details – A5 booklet Elsie Whiteley & Holy Nativity Updated version
We’re planning a Big Beechwood Picnic on Saturday 1 July 2017 from 12 to 4pm. It will be a Family Fun Day, celebrating families and communities of North and East Halifax
- The idea came from parents on the advisory board for North Halifax Partnership Children’s Centres in Ovenden. It was to put on an event about healthy food and fun activities for local families
- Friends of Beechwood Park, Moorside School, and residents on our North Halifax Partnership got on board and the idea grew a bit bigger…
- … Now we want as many local groups and organisations as possible to take part in this good old fashioned summer event – from behind the scenes planning to putting on a dancing show or sports testers, or having a craft stall
- By planning early, we will know exactly how many activities we can put on without additional costs on the day. Local groups and people know all about making a little go a long way.
- We’ve got a bid in to the Big Lottery (we will know by Christmas), and we’ll be looking at alternative sources of funding if that fails.
- We’re going to hold meetings once a month to plan the event. The first is on Thursday 8 December at 2pm – 3.30pm at Moorside School Nurture Unit and it’s open to anyone interested in helping, and/or having a stall or delivering an activity on 1 July Big Beechwood Picnic.
- Please come along and bring your ideas – it’s as open as that at this stage. If you can’t come to this meeting , but you want to be involved, just let us know
Watch this space for more news and dates after Christmas
Contact Liz Broadley on 07852 173723 – email@example.com or Karen Scanlon on 07434 702896 – Karen.Scanlon@Calderdale.gov.uk