The Challengers Fun Day 2017 will be held on Saturday 26 August at Natty Lane, Illingworth, 12.30 – 4.30pm.
If your group or organisation would like a stall at the event please contact Carol on 07780778257 or email email@example.com
For those of you who don’t know, Challengers is for children aged 5-11 years of age and meet every Thursday (term time only) between 6.00pm and 7.30pm.
Challengers Xtra for children aged 4 to 11 years meets on Sunday from 2 p.m. – 3.30 p.m.
There is a weekly subscription charge of 50p.
The Safer, Cleaner, Greener walks and events programme for Spring/Summer 2017 contains a variety of different events and activities to get involved in.
Weather you enjoy nature, walking or are interested in volunteering to make Calderdale a better place for yourself and others… there’s surely something for you.
Click here and take a look inside the latest edition
Visitors to Calderdale this spring and summer can now start to plan their trip, with the release of the annual Calderdale Events and Festivals guide.
The colourful guide is crammed with over 30 entries of indoor and outdoor events taking place right across Calderdale, between April and September.
Calderdale Events and Festivals guide is available in Calderdale libraries, visitor centres and museums. Also keep an eye out for it in visitor attractions across West Yorkshire.
For details of events and festivals in Calderdale all year around visit www.visitcalderdale.com
We’re planning a Big Beechwood Picnic on Saturday 1 July 2017 from 12 to 4pm. It will be a Family Fun Day, celebrating families and communities of North and East Halifax
- The idea came from parents on the advisory board for North Halifax Partnership Children’s Centres in Ovenden. It was to put on an event about healthy food and fun activities for local families
- Friends of Beechwood Park, Moorside School, and residents on our North Halifax Partnership got on board and the idea grew a bit bigger…
- … Now we want as many local groups and organisations as possible to take part in this good old fashioned summer event – from behind the scenes planning to putting on a dancing show or sports testers, or having a craft stall
- By planning early, we will know exactly how many activities we can put on without additional costs on the day. Local groups and people know all about making a little go a long way.
- We’ve got a bid in to the Big Lottery (we will know by Christmas), and we’ll be looking at alternative sources of funding if that fails.
- We’re going to hold meetings once a month to plan the event. The first is on Thursday 8 December at 2pm – 3.30pm at Moorside School Nurture Unit and it’s open to anyone interested in helping, and/or having a stall or delivering an activity on 1 July Big Beechwood Picnic.
- Please come along and bring your ideas – it’s as open as that at this stage. If you can’t come to this meeting , but you want to be involved, just let us know
Watch this space for more news and dates after Christmas
Contact Liz Broadley on 07852 173723 – firstname.lastname@example.org or Karen Scanlon on 07434 702896 – Karen.Scanlon@Calderdale.gov.uk
Get your grown ups growing with a Sure Start summer activity suitable for children aged 18 months to 6 years old with Lots opportunities for planting and creative activities both indoor and outside.
Thursday 4 August and Friday 2 September – 12pm to 1.30pm
At Ash Green Children’s Centre, 1 Sunny Bank Road, Mixenden, HX2 8RX
Just turn up on the day or for further information call 01422 243941.
The Play Development Service provides FREE open access play sessions for children and young people aged between 5-14 years old. The sessions are open access and are offered at various centres, parks and open spaces across Calderdale.
As part of a summer programme there will be various activities taking place from Monday 25 July to Friday 2 September… Click here to view scheduled activities…
For further information contact the Play Development Service on 01422 380995 or visit www.calderdale.gov.uk
From July to September, CREW Heart Support Group will be running led health walks that everyone can join.
There’s long and short walks to suit all those who want to get involved and there’s no need to book, just turn up on the day and time of any walk.
Click here to see all upcoming walks and find one to take part in
For further information about CREW visit www.crewheartsupport.co.uk