Here I Am is a collaboration between Artworks, Northern Broadsides and SBC Theatre, and offers a series of creative projects happening across June to celebrate community spirit across Calderdale: proudly a Valley of Sanctuary.
Join SBC Theatre at 2pm on Saturday 20th June live on Zoom to celebrate connectivity, community and culture in this short, playful performance suitable for all ages. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for access to the Zoom link.
While you’re there, check out the other Here I Am related online events to celebrate Refugee Week.
To start off Refugees Week 19 – 25 June St Augustine’s have organised a ‘Dance Your Socks Off’ kind of evening on Friday 16 June 19:30 – 23:00 at Pellon Social Club, Moor End Road, Halifax.
The fantastic Peace Works band will be playing at this Ceilidh in aid of St Augustine’s Centre! There will be food, a raffle, stalls as well as dancing and an all round fantastic atmosphere!
£8.00 adults, £5.00 concessions and £15.00 for families.
Tickets available on the door or from St Augustine’s by telephoning 01422 352492.
This event will kick start Refugee Week celebrations and will form part of The Great Get Together (More In Common)
Refugee week Calderdale would like to invite all friends, old and new, to St. Augustine’s Centre for an evening of music and food to share on Wednesday 17 June from 6pm to 8.30pm.
Refreshments will be provided and everyone is welcome to attend.
Click here for further information on refugee week and how you can get involved.
Monday 15 June marks the start of Refugee Week 2015 so why not get involved each day by doing the following things:
- Monday 15 June – Cook a dish from another country
- Tuesday 16 June – Visit St Augustine’s Centre and make some new friends
- Wednesday 17 June – Read a book about exile
- Thursday 18 June – Sign off your emails with a positive note about refugees
- Friday 19 June – Go along to King Cross Library to watch ‘The Good Lie’
- Saturday 20 June – Learn to say a few things in a new language
- Sunday 21 June – SMILE – Smiling is contagious
Why not tweet a picture of your simple act @RefugeeWkCalder