- The police stand together with all communities in the UK and we will take action against any criminal behaviour, which seeks to undermine society, especially where crimes are motivated by hate.
- We are aware of the clashes between Hindu and Muslim groups in Leicester and the potential impact that this incident may have on the community’s sense of safety.
- There can never be any excuse for hate crime and this criminality will not be tolerated.
- We want those who are victims of hate crime to feel confident in the belief that we’ll take your reports seriously, protect you and make sure you get all the support you need.
- If you are a witness or a victim of hate crime or feel vulnerable, please contact someone to report it.
- More people are reporting hate crime than ever before but it is still significantly underreported.
- Do not suffer in silence; there are people who can help you.
- Call the police on 101, Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their website at www.crimestoppers-uk.org, or visit the True Vision website (www.report-it.org.uk)
Contacting the Police: https://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/contact-us
- If you have information to share about any crime please either speak to a police officer in person or call 101.
- If you are Deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired please register with 999 Emergency SMS service
There are further ways to report hate incidents or hate crime, which can be found here: