This session will focus on issues around the impact that forced marriages have on families, the definition of forced marriage, who is affected, the legislation around the problem, safety of those people who get involved.
Get involved on Monday 17 October 2016 at the following times;
- 10am to 12pm – (Women only at Queens Road Neighbourhood Centre)
- 6pm to 8pm – (Men only Hopwood Lane Mosque)
The aim of the session is to raise awareness about Forced Marriage & Honour Based Violence (HBV) within Communities and the training will be delivered by Alyas Karmani who has worked extensively in this field.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have type 2 diabetes? Learn about up-to-date treatments & management of diabetes and have the opportunity to explore and address concerns that you may have.
Starts Wednesday 27 July – 10am to 12.30pm (Ladies) / 1pm to 3.30pm (men)
At Queens Road Neighbourhood Centre, Queen’s Road, Halifax, HX1 4NE
For more information/book your place email email@example.com or call 01422 847871.
Calderdale Interfaith Council invites you to the Annual Food Festival – Please bring food to share and if you can, a packet or canned food donation which can be taken to the drop-in at the Ebenezer Centre.
Monday 11 July 2016 – 6pm to 8pm
At Queens Road Neighbourhood Centre, Queen’s Road Halifax, HX1 4NS
Please RSVP to Anne Linehan at Calderdaleinterfaith@gmail.com
Are you the sort of person who loves to help people and always looking to make a difference?
Why not consider applying to become a Police Officer
Apply today at www.westyorkshire.police.uk/joinus
Or find out more on the following dates:
- Saturday 23 April – 12pm to 2pm – King Cross Library
- Tuesday 3 May – 5pm to 7pm – Queens Road Neighbourhood Centre
Join in and celebrate the women who empower and inspire you… share a memory, tell a story, show a photo and create a scrap book of the women you celebrate.
Thursday 10 March – 11am to 3pm
At Queens Road Neighbourhood Centre, Halifax, HX1 4NE
The event includes:
- Gupshup Taster Session
- Information on local services
- Face painting with Sure Start
- Beauty treats from students at Calderdale College
For further information call 01422 365948 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
FREE event packed with information and activities to help keep you and your family happy – Test your blood pressure, hand massage & Mehndi with food and refreshments available.
Wednesday 24 February – 11am to 2pm
At Queens Road Neighbourhood Centre, HX1 4NE
For further information call 01484 714147 or email Shamsul.email@example.com – Alternatively call 07947 110403 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are running a workshop that will discuss the threats your children/family members may encounter whilst online as well as how to protect them, and talk to them about being safe and responsible.
Thursday 11 February 2016 – 10am to 11.30am
At Queen’s Road Neighbourhood Centre, Queen’s Rd, HX1 4NE
Many parents feel overwhelmed with questions relating to Internet Safety. The key is education. Parents/Carers must learn how to keep their children and their families safe online. Come and join us and take part in this workshop where you will learn about:
- Identifying what are different types of risky online behaviours.
- Identifying how to practice safe online behaviours
- Understanding why children must be taught why they must protect themselves in the ‘virtual / online’ world as well as the ‘real’ world.
- Understanding that dangers commonly occur on social media sites and cover privacy settings.
- Identifying what NOT to post or discuss on social networks.
- Understanding that young people should be encouraged to think about what they share online.
- Identifying the dangers of viruses, spyware, spam and scams from the Internet
- Understanding cyber bullying and what to do if your child is confronted by cyber-bullying
To book a place or for more information please contact Shameem Suleman on
01422 392866 or email email@example.com