The Prince’s Trust has a new employability programme for West Yorkshire, including the potential to apply for live employment opportunities!
Get Started with Music
- Taster Day: 21st April 2021
- Programme: 26th – 30th April 2021
- Working with renowned Manchester musician Liam Frost to develop key skills to help get started in the music industry
- Song-writing skills and self-promotion, gain insights from industry professionals
- Create and perform your own music at an end of programme celebration
- Key employability skills with the Prince’s Trust and ongoing support
- Young people aged 16-30 who are not in education, employment or training
- Young people interested in getting a foot in the door in the music industry
The Prince’s Trust and The Launch Group are offering a FREE two week training course in Customer Service in Leeds with a taster day being held on Tuesday 26 January 2016 and the programme running full time from Monday 1 to Friday 12 February 2016.
If you are 16-25, live in or around Leeds, are unemployed and interested in getting a job in customer service, then join a free training programme where you can:
- Gain an insight into the world of Customer Service within a food travel setting.
- Identify your own skills and qualities to work in Customer Service including developing a CV, successful job applications and improving your interview skills.
- Have a guaranteed interview with SSP Food Travel Experts.
- Receive up to six months support from The Prince’s Trust after the course
- All of this completely FREE with your travel expenses and lunch provided
To register your interest, make a referral or for more information contact Lillian Bergman on 07436 582316 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note – If you are referring a young person with any current or previous offences, it is mandatory that the Electronic Referral Form is completed (preferably by their Offending Manager) and returned to The Launch Group via email.
It’s also important to note that a criminal record will not necessarily prevent a young person from taking part.
The Prince’s Trust Enterprise Programme helps unemployed young people aged 18-30 to think about self-employment as their next step. After attending an informal information session, young people are invited to attend a FREE 4 day business course which unpacks key topics around business, and can also help them develop skills that will be attractive to employers.
The course explores:
- Personal skills and ways to develop
- Marketing and selling skills, and effective communication
- Business finance
- Business planning
- Role play sessions, including interview skills
Young people will receive a certificate of attendance, and will also have the opportunity to gain a qualification by completing the course workbook.
They will be offered one-to-one support after the course to help them decide what they want to do next.
The next course in Huddersfield runs from 24th – 27th August 2015.
To find out more, or to make a referral, contact Paul on 07903 647947. More information, resources and media about the programme is available on our website.
If you are 16-25, live in Calderdale and not in education, training or employment then Get Started to achieve your goals at Fax Fit, Shay Lane, Ovenden HX3 6RL.
There will be a taster session held on Wednesday 18 March 2015, and the FREE course runs from Monday 23 to Friday 27 March 2015.
ALL are welcome to join our free Health & Fitness programme at Fax Fit where you will:
- Learn about training and nutrition and design your own training session
- Gain a First Aid certificate
- Learn how to be a successful leader
- Meet new people and build your confidence
- Receive three months support after completing the programme to help you move into education, training or employment.
Travel expenses and lunch will be provided everyday so all you need to do is attend.
To register your interest or for more information contact Andy McNally by email to email@example.com, call or simply text ‘FITNESS’ to 07931 614736
If you are 16-25 and into Music and are not in education, training employment, then ‘Get Started’ and achieve your goals!
ALL are welcome to join this FREE Music programme, led by specialist training providers All Star Entertainment
- Take part in vocal recording, drum programming and song structure
- Learn about opportunities, qualifications and employment within the music and multimedia industry
- Take part in events management and planning
- Meet new people and build your confidence
- Learn about career paths in the music industry
The course will cost you nothing – your travel expenses and lunch will be provided every day. And you’ll receive three months support after the programme to help you move into education, training or employment.
This course will run from Monday 28 July – Friday 1 August 2014 at The Orangebox. A taster session is being held on Wednesday 23 July.
To register your interest or for more information please contact Jan Bradley on 07506 692154 or email Janice.Bradley@princes-trust.org.uk.
Venue: The Orangebox, 1 Blackledge, Halifax HX1 1AF
The Prince’s Trust TEAM Programme is expanding at Calderdale College.
The 12 week programme has various start dates throughout 2013 and is aimed at young people aged between 16 to 25 years old who are not in education, employment or training. The Prince’s Trust TEAM Programme is a 12-week personal development course, offering work experience, qualifications, practical skills, community projects and a residential week.
For more information contact Rebecca Szefer, firstname.lastname@example.org