Radio shows planned for over 50s with Phoenix FM96.7
Forum 50+ together with Phoenix Radio (FM96.7) is planning a series of pilot radio shows specifically aimed at people aged 50 and over.
Initially the show is set to air once a month but if they can build a large enough audience they will look at making the show a more regular occurrence.
The content being considered for the next show, due to be aired on Monday 13 April includes:
Proposals for Show 2 – Monday 13 April 2015
- Interview with Neil Hurst, re: Memories And Melodies
- Brenda Carroll recorded a song in Gibralter, in 1954. Her Daughter has never heard it and it was brought to Phoenix by her as a 78rpm. Phoenix have converted it to CD, and will be interviewing her and Mum on Mothers Day to get some background
- Pathways – a local project that does DVDs about local walks
- Information and/or recordings of music recorded in Halifax in the 60’s
- Feature on local cinemas of the past with interviews from people who went to them
- Feature on the Plebians Jazz Club/ and or Palins Dance Studios
- People coming forward with stories relating to the local music scene, cinemas, theatres, bowling alley etc
- Interviews with local sporting legends
These are just some of the ideas but would like to get “Experts” on a range of subjects concerning people aged over 50 too.
If you or anybody you know has memories or help for over 50s that could be recorded for future shows, contact email@example.com and you will be contacted directly.
FREE Writing workshops at Phoenix FM
If you’re a young person (aged 14 +) and you like writing, why not join local writer Gaia Holmes for a series of FREE writing workshops at Phoenix FM, D/DG Mill, Halifax, HX3 5AX.
During the workshops you will play with language, look at a variety of writing styles and radio techniques and work towards producing a feature for broadcast which will explore the hopes, fears, dreams and wishes of characters that live on a fictional street in West Yorkshire.
In the Easter holidays the sessions will be held on Thursday 9 April 2015 from 9am to 12noon and from 1pm to 4pm and you are welcome to go along to one session or stay all day.
During term time the sessions will be held every Wednesday starting Wednesday 15 April from 4pm to 7pm. You can go along to as many sessions as you like.
If you are under 18, you will need you to take a completed consent form. For more details contact Sara on 01422 365923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean Field Community Primary School Christmas fair
The Dean Field Community Primary School Christmas fair will be held in school on Friday 5 December 2014 from 3.15pm.
Phoenix radio will also be in attendance and there will be plenty going on including a tombola, refreshments,raffle draw along with stalls selling items ranging from jewellery to cupcakes.
If you would like a stall at the fair the cost is just £10 per stall, and donations for raffle prizes are warmly welcomed.
If you require further information, please contact Sarah on 07561 156284 or Penny on 07508 800799.