How to save money on fuel bills and making the most of money online

Money in Your Pocket and Citizens Advice Calderdale presents ‘How to Save Money on Fuel Bills’ and ‘Making the Most of Money Online’

Wednesday 3 February – 10am to 12pm (Light refreshments from 9.30am)
At Calderdale Parents & Carers, Hanson Lane Enterprise Centre, Halifax, HX1 5PG

  • Find out how to make real savings on fuel bills
  • Tips and ideas for savings on the household budget
  • Try out online tools that help make budgeting easy
  • Find out how to get free help with your money worries

Spaces are limited, so to book please call Calderdale Parents & Carers on 01422 343090.

*Please feel free to take your own laptop or tablet as some of the session will be presented online

All about SOBS…

The SOBS team work with 16-24 year olds who live in Calderdale and are either; existing Pennine Housing tenants, about to become Pennine Housing tenants or are registered on the Keychoice system. They are based at Pennine Housing and are funded by The Big Lottery.

What’s the aim?

  • To make sure that young people have the support they need to get a tenancy and to settle down in their tenancy
  • To reduce the number of young people who get in to debt and end up losing their tenancy
  • To give young people the confidence to manage their own money for the rest of their lives

For more information you can contact SOBS in one of the following ways:

Tel: 0300 555 5574

We also have a new Facebook page where we will be sharing what the team have been up to, as well as useful money saving tips and videos. Just search for ‘Sick of Being Skint’ and click like. Please also encourage your friends to like our page as well.

You can also find us on Twitter @SOBS_UK

Noah’s Ark Centre September 2014 Newsletter

noahsClick here for the latest news from the Noah’s Ark Centre…

Since opening last month The new Hub has seen a steady flow of visitors who come with very different requests such as Advice on letter and CV writing, Council tax, Debt relief order information and more. The Hub has computers … read more…

Council Tax Hardship Fund

Calderdale Council has introduced a local hardship fund for people who receive Council Tax reduction.

In order to access the hardship fund you must:

  • Be receiving Council Tax Reduction at the time of application
  • Be receiving financial advice and support

In return the Council:

  • Will temporarily suspend any recovery action
  • Assist with signposting to appropriate organisations who can help you
  • Consider 3 months hardship payment to meet your council tax charge

How to claim assistance

Contact our advisors on 01422 288003

Sick of being skint?

The SOBS team work with young people to help them budget and manage their money better.

Their aim is to reduce the number of young people who lose their homes and make them more financially streetwise.

You can contact SOBS yourself or be referred by a worker that you are already seeing at another organisation.

Contact Sherraden on 07525908921 or email

Or Find them on Facebook

Noah’s Ark Advice Hub

noahsFrom September the Hub will be open on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 10am – 2pm, for people in the local community to access help and advice.

Noah’s Ark is offering internet access to enable local people to become more digitally included and help them with things like Universal Job Match and online benefit claims, as well as a signposting service to point people in the direction of more specialist services such as ESA & PIP appeals support.

The money advice service can help people manage their money, ensure they are in receipt of all benefits they are entitled to and assist them with specialist debt advice such as Debt Relief Orders and Debt Management Plans.

Noah’s Ark also offer  counselling support to people whose mental health has suffered due to the effects of Welfare Reform and general issues relating to money / debt.

Open to all!

FREE help for patients who have been refused benefits

Citizens Advice Bureau is offering free help and advice for patients who have been refused benefits

cabCAB have funding specifically aimed at helping people who have been refused:

  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Personal Independence Payment

CAB can offer help by paying for medical reports, preparing your case for appeal and maximising benefit income, working in partnership with your GP to ensure you get the best outcome.

Contact your GP for a referral for this service.

Working in partnership with NHS Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group