The following courses will run at Mixenden Parents Resource Centre – These courses are FREE but you will need to book a place.
Emergency First Aid at Work – Every Monday 1pm to 3pm – from 30 January to 20 February , this is a recognised qualification with a certificate awarded on completion of the course
FREE Fun Course – Thursday 2 February – 9.30am to 11.45am – Build your own bird box, all materials supplied.
To book your place on either of the courses please ring Mixenden Parents Resource Centre on 01422 240043
Mixenden Parents Resource Centre Nursery is now open offering affordable childcare with places available for over 2’s
Open Monday to Thursday – 9am to 4pm
- Full days 9am to 4pm – £10.00 – provide your child’s own lunch, we will provide 2 healthy snacks and drinks throughout the day.
- Sessional 9am to 11.30am or 1pm to 3.30pm – £5.00 – 1 healthy snack and drinks provided.
Times can be negotiable.
Please phone 01422 240043 for more information and to speak with one of our fully qualified Early Years Practitioners.
Mixenden Parent Resource Centre offers a range of services including, Adult Education both accredited and non-accredited courses, onsite Nursery, onsite Advice and Support Workers who can help with debt,benefits and housing issues, weekly luncheon clubs and craft club, plus Makin Dixon Family Law Solicitor fortnightly drop-in and CMBC Business support and advice drop-in.
As well as the above MPRC also have the following courses coming up:
- First Aid at work – Starts Tuesday 19 April – 1pm – 3pm
- Grow and eat – Starts Thursday 14 April – 9.30am– 11.45am
- Summer Cooking – Starts Wednesday 20 April – 9.30am– 11.45am
To enquire or book your place on a course call 01422 240043 and if you require an appointment with the Advice service please call 01422 249343
Are you clearing out the old before bringing in the new this Christmas?
If so then why not consider donating your unwanted items to the One Good Turn charity at one of their Give and Take sessions being held across Calderdale throughout November and December. – The most urgent items required include:
- Men’s clothes, shoes, coats – Ladies coats, shoes
- Children coats, pyjamas, dressing gowns, slippers, shoes – Toys, Games, Books
- Bedding, duvets, duvet covers, sheets, blankets for single and double beds and cots
- Toiletries, Toothpaste, Soap, Deodorant, Sanitary Towels, Nappies, Shower gel
Donations can be made on the following collection dates:
- Tuesday 17 November – St Augustine’s Centre, Hanson Lane – 1pm to 3pm
- Tuesday 24 November – The Gathering Place, St James Road – 11.45am to 2pm
- Tuesday 1 December – Mixenden Parents Resource Centre, – 10am to 2pm
- Tuesday 8 December – Waring Green Community Centre, Brighouse – 1pm to 3pm
- Tuesday 15 December – The Gathering Place – St James Road – 11.45am to 2pm
- Tuesday 15 December – St Augustine’s Centre, Hanson Lane – 2.30pm to 4.30pm
For further information visit onegoodturncharity.org.uk
Disability Support Calderdale, Noah’s Ark Centre & Healthy Minds are working together to offer support with a drop in session for people with a disability or long term health condition.
Wednesday 14 October 2015 – From 11am to 1pm
At Mixenden Court, Flat 3, Mixenden Road
Wednesday 14 October 2015 – From 1.30pm to 3.30pm
At Mixenden Parents Resource Centre, Stanningley Road, Mixenden
For information around accessing any of the above services from Disability Support Calderdale, Noah’s Ark or Healthy Minds please contact David or Beverley on 07990 833521 / 07845 217175 / 01422 353613 or email one of the following: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2015 North Halifax Neighbourhood Awards are fast approaching and with only 21 days until the deadline for nominations why not spare a few moments of your time to nominate a local hero from your community and give them the recognition you feel they deserve.
With 10 different Awards categories to choose from, you don’t even have to stop at just one nomination!
The 10 awards categories are as follows: Click here to view criteria for each category
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Won in 2014 by Irene Mulhall
- Contribution to Sport & Play – Won in 2014 by Mick Gavan – Crossleys
- Contribution to Work & Training – Won in 2014 by Tutors and Students from the Construction Course – North Halifax Skills Centre
- Contribution to Children & Young People – Won in 2014 by Martina Walsh
- Contribution to the Older Generation – Won in 2014 by The Mixenden Community Growers
- Outstanding Individual – Won in 2014 by Nathan Hunter
- Community Involvement – Won in 2014 by Mixenden Parents Resource Centre
- Young People of the Year – Won in 2014 by Kirsty Healey
- Contribution to Culture – Won in 2014 by Peter Coenen – The Dance Mill
- Contribution to a Safer Cleaner Greener Environment – Won in 2014 by Adrian Hill – Pennine Housing
There are a number of ways to nominate and the online process can be done in just 3 simple steps by clicking here. If you prefer the old fashioned way you can download or print our paper nomination form here and return your completed form to the Pennine Housing Office on Turner Avenue South, or drop it into Mixenden Library. You can also email us your nomination to email@example.com
- Nominations must be received by 31 March 2015
- There is no limit to the number nominations you can make.
- Nominations must be for an individual, group or organisation that lives or works in or for the benefit of the North Halifax community.
- As hosts of the awards, staff from the North Halifax Partnership cannot be nominated for the work they do for these organisations.
- For more information or help completing the nomination forms please give us a call on 01422 255402.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @hxnorthandeast using #nhxawards15 for announcements.
Starting on Tuesday 13 January the Mixenden Parents Resource Centre will be running two FREE courses as listed below:
- Fire Safety
Tuesday 13 January till Tuesday 10 February from 9.30am to 11.30am
- Manual Handling
Thursday 15 January till Thursday 22 January from 9.30am to 11.30am
Childcare is available at just £2 per session and you must book your child’s places in advance
For further information or to book, please visit the MPRC Facebook page