CalderdaleCreates is the new strategic Cultural Partnership for Calderdale.
After delivering Calderdale’s new Cultural Strategy, ‘Where Creativity Flows’, it’s now time to start developing detailed plans to strengthen, energise and grow our cultural sector so we can maximise our impact and deliver on the strategy.
Join Us If you want to influence, shape, lead or hear about how the cultural sector is making a difference to Calderdale.
If you’re a creative professional, living in Calderdale, come along to our series of
networking events and/or training that will cover: Developing your freelance practice or creative business; health and wellbeing; financial resilience; educational achievement; sector specific training and career development; digital engagement; bringing communities together; events & festivals; tourism; making culture more accessible and affordable; play; living a larger creative life.
CalderdaleCreates Launch Event Tuesday 1 November 2pm – 5pm
Artworks, the Everybody School of Art Gallery Space, Halifax HX3 9ET
Download flyer with event schedule and further information (PDF format)
To celebrate the launch of the new service Making Space are hosting an event on:
Thursday 25th November 10am-2pm at The King’s Centre in Halifax
The event is open to carers, the person they care for and professionals. The event will provide an opportunity for you to meet the team, hear about all the support we will be offering to carers and to also find out about other services that support carers in Calderdale.
Feel free to call in for as long as you can and a buffet lunch and refreshments will be available. Coronavirus guidance will also be followed and we will be encouraging all in attendance to wear a mask.
To find out more please ring us on 01422 369101.
We have a healthy VCS in Calderdale with 100s of people coming forward every year to volunteer.
However, the quality of their voluntary experience can vary dramatically so Sector Support Calderdale’s Volunteer Centre has developed a Volunteering Kite Mark based on IIV and drawing on the experience of other local Volunteer Centre’s (Leeds and Kirklees) who are running similar schemes.
- Opening Address from Mayor of Calderdale, Councillor Lisa Lambert
- Keynote Speakers from both the Voluntary & Community Sector and Local Authority
- Free Kite Mark information pack for all attendees
- Volunteering quiz (with prizes)
Launching on Thursday 17 September from 10am-12pm,
Halifax Town Hall, Halifax, HX1 1ZS
A national quality accreditation system (Investing in Volunteers, IIV) for Volunteer-Involving Organisations (VIOs) was launched in 2003 by Volunteering England. Whilst popular amongst national and well-funded groups the cost has proved prohibitive for small/medium sized, local organisations.
Anyone who has a responsibility for managing / supervising or recruiting volunteers within their organisation should attend?
There is limited capacity so please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your attendance.
You are invited to a launch event on Tuesday 24 March 2015 at the Elsie Whiteley Innovation Centre from 12pm to 3.15pm and there will be surgeries running over lunch from 12pm to 1.30pm, should you wish to book a 15 minute slot to discuss with Key Fund your organisation and its suitability to apply.
The running order for the event is as follows:
- 12pm to 1:30pm – Networking and buffet lunch + one-to-one surgeries
- 1.30pm – Welcome from Steve Duncan, CEO Community Foundation for Calderdale
- 1.45pm – Three very different local organisations will join us to share their experiences of using finance to enhance their organisational offering
- 2.30pm – Garry Brown, Head of Investment at Key Fund – What does being business ready look like?
- 2.50pm – Steve Duncan – Further support available to before you apply for a loan and after.
As part of CFFC’s grants strategy; groups in Calderdale can now access unsecured tailored finance between £5,000 and £75,000. This new fund will allow groups to invest in:
- Capital Expenditure such as purchasing or renovating buildings.
- Working capital to manage the time between spending money and receiving money
- Development capital to help groups expand or replicate their service
You are more than welcome to attend the event and you can book your place online here