Get your grown ups growing with a Sure Start summer activity suitable for children aged 18 months to 6 years old with Lots opportunities for planting and creative activities both indoor and outside.
Thursday 4 August and Friday 2 September – 12pm to 1.30pm
At Ash Green Children’s Centre, 1 Sunny Bank Road, Mixenden, HX2 8RX
Just turn up on the day or for further information call 01422 243941.
Healthy Minds now have a full size plot at the Pye Nest Allotment in Sowerby Bridge, anyone can attend who has an interest in: –
- Improving and maintaining their mental, emotional and physical wellbeing
- Meeting new people in a friendly and safe environment
- Learning more about the benefits of growing (and eating) a variety of fruit, vegetables and herbs
The group meet at the site every Monday 1pm to 3pm – Directions
No previous allotment experience or knowledge is needed, just come along and see what there is to get involved in. Some of the tasks might include:-
- General maintenance of the site
- Bed/plot design
- Contribute ideas for seasonal crops
- Or you could become a volunteer
For more information ring Nicola on 01422 345154 or 07985 750592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Could you spare an hour or so to help out at the Holy Trinity Primary School Planting and Growing Day on Saturday 25 April 2015?
The school is currently looking for volunteers to join staff, parents and children to plant and grow fruit and vegetables in the school grounds.
The school will also welcome donations of seedlings, vegetable plants or compost so if you feel you could help or donate, please don’t hesitate to contact the school on 01422 367161