Join the grand re-opening day from 10am on Yorkshire Day, Tuesday 1 August when a lucky competition winner will ring The Piece Hall bell, echoing the very first day of trading back in 1779.
- Enjoy the festivities as you explore this spectacular building.
- Browse the new shops and pop-up traders, sample some tasty food and drink, check out the galleries and take in a heritage tour to discover The Piece Hall’s fascinating past.
- Get involved with the FREE FAMILY ACTIVITIES including giant weaving and art at the cart.
- Catch a performance from a local musician or artist happening throughout the day and into the evening.
Throughout the day, in addition to the permanent new heritage spaces, The Piece Hall Story, The Map Room and The Traders’ Room, you can enjoy:-
- Actors portraying some of the characters from The Piece Hall’s history.
- Children’s activities, including trails, crafts, giant weaving, a heritage challenge, dressing up.
- Victorian-style photographic display by Emma Mitchell who will be on hand to talk about her work.
- An exhibition from local artist, Jake Attree, The Piece Hall’s artist-in-residence who has documented the transformation project.
- Performances from local musicians and artists.
- Pop up street food stalls.
Enjoy demonstrations, tours, food, rides, children’s entertainment, dance displays and much more at the 2017 Halifax Police Station Open Day.
Saturday 5 August 2017 – 10.30am to 3pm
At Halifax Police Station, Richmond Close, Halifax, HX1 5TW
Please note – There is no onsite parking for this event and members of the public are advised to use public transport.
If you would like to advertise this event in your premises, you could download the Halifax Police Station Open Day 2017 Poster
The Challengers Fun Day 2017 will be held on Saturday 26 August at Natty Lane, Illingworth, 12.30 – 4.30pm.
If your group or organisation would like a stall at the event please contact Carol on 07780778257 or email email@example.com
For those of you who don’t know, Challengers is for children aged 5-11 years of age and meet every Thursday (term time only) between 6.00pm and 7.30pm.
Challengers Xtra for children aged 4 to 11 years meets on Sunday from 2 p.m. – 3.30 p.m.
There is a weekly subscription charge of 50p.
Volunteers Week (1-7 June) is a great time to celebrate the brilliant work of volunteers across Calderdale and there’ll be lots of opportunities to get involved.
Volunteer at one of the events below
- Thursday 8 June – VAC Volunteer Open Day
- Thursday 8 June – Countryside Volunteering (Shibden Park)
- Tuesday 13 June – Volunteering Fayre (Bradford)
- Wednesday 14 June – The Changing Face of Volunteering
Click here for detailed information on each event…
Visit Sector Support Calderdale and Voluntary Action Calderdale to find out more.
If you’re looking for more about events visit www.volunteersweek.org.uk and take a look at their events map or if you have any questions or comments about Volunteers Week 2017 or volunteering in general please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Beechwood Big Picnic is going to be on Saturday 1 July 2017 in Beechwood Park, Illingworth, 12-4pm
It’s a double celebration. We’ll be celebrating North Halifax culture with performance, exhibition and activities – with an emphasis on families of all ages. We’ll also be celebrating the unique community asset of Beechwood Park, including the wildlife which lives in this local nature reserve; and the opportunities in and around it.
We are inviting all local schools, community groups, local businesses and services to come along on the day and hold a stall, run an activity or provide entertainment
Stalls are FREE unless you are proposing to sell items or raise money, then there is a small fee.
If you would like to get involved, please complete the attached form and return to Liz.email@example.com by 21 April 2017. Or call on 07852 173723. Once we have your proforma, we wll contact you to discuss details.
How can our economy thrive when we also need to reduce our fossil fuel use? How do we reduce inequality against a backdrop of austerity?
Calderdale needs a strong, balanced, economy. How can we work together to empower people
and promote fair and equal opportunities?
Hear more about our projects, be inspired by best practice from elsewhere and help plan for a sustainable future in Calderdale.
Wednesday 3 May 2017 – 9.30am to 4pm
At Square Chapel, 10 Square Rd, Halifax HX1 1QG
Places are limited so be sure to book yours online at powercalderdale.eventbrite.co.uk where you will also find further information on the days events.
Machines Gym is opening Calderdale’s first fully wheelchair accessible private gym and personal training studio. The aim is to provide a place where everyone is able to train in a friendly environment.
Go along to the grand opening on Saturday 1 April – 12pm to 4pm and see what they have to offer!
They have a variety of equipment available all of which is wheelchair accessible, but that doesn’t mean you have to be in a wheelchair to be welcomed at Machines as everyone is welcome.
MACHINES GYM – Threeways Centre, Nursery Lane, Halifax, HX3 5SW
Contact Neil Foulds for more info Tel: 07887 835581 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: machinestraininguk