Learn some excellent skills, tips and ideas whilst you have a go at making some tasty meals at a low cost.
Monday 13 March – 10am to 12noon
At Flat 3 Mixenden Court, Mixenden, HX2 8QH
This course is FREE and all ingredients are provided
To book your place on the course please call Mixenden Parents’ Resource Centre on 01422 240043
A 3 week family cooking activity making family friendly food with a theme of autumn and bonfire night. The sessions will be adults only for the first 2 weeks with children aged 3-6 included in the final session – Creche on site for 2 weeks.
Starts Thursday 13 October – 12.45pm to 2.45pm
At Illingworth Community Children’s Centre, Occupation Lane, Illingworth, HX2 9RL
To book a place call Sure Start Children’s Centres North Halifax Partnership on 01422 266197 or visit www.surestartchildrenscentresnhp.org.uk
3 week adult only course focusing on family meals that can be healthy, cheap and fun to make. Families could make easy tasty takeaways to summer family meals – Limited créche will be available at participants nearest children’s centre.
Friday 13 May 2016 – 12.45pm to 2.45pm
At Threeways Centre, Nursery Lane, Ovenden, HX3 5SX
To book a place, please call Sure Start Children’s Centres North Halifax Partnership on 01422 266197 or visit www.surestartchildrencentresnhp.org.uk
Do you receive Active Kids vouchers on your weekly shop at Sainsbury’s but have no particular use for them?
Why not give them to St Augustines and help them get some more sports and cooking equipment for the Nursery
Either drop them off or post them to St. Augustines Centre, Hanson Lane, Halifax HX1 5PG by Friday 8 July
The Orangebox Cooking Club is due to start in the next couple of weeks, so if you enjoy cooking and would like to expand your skills or just wanting to try something different, the Cooking Club may be just what you’re looking for.
What is the Cooking Club?
It’s an 8 week course for young people aged 15 or over, taking place in the Orangebox kitchen and cafe every Saturday from 12 noon to 5pm.
What’s in it for me?
Lots of fun learning how to cook. A Jamie Oliver Home Cooking Award and a Level 2 Food Hygiene Qualification. You’ll also have the chance to get some paid work in the cafe at other times, and put your learning into action.
What does it cost?
It’s free, all you need is your time and commitment – It could be the start of something delicious!
If you are interested and would like to find out more call Linda on 01422 353073 or email email@example.com or Greg at firstname.lastname@example.org
Skillshop Ltd is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee and its aim is to provide specialised training for adults with learning disabilities in a caring environment and as well as the opportunity for people with learning difficulties and disabilities to develop life skills, Skillshop Ltd also provides:
- The opportunity to develop and improve numeracy and literacy skills.
- Opportunity to develop woodwork skills.
- IT sessions where clients can learn basic computer skills.
- Training in basic kitchen skills and hygiene, baking, preparing meals and drinks.
- Fully qualified staff with many years’ experience of life, industry and education.
- Social opportunities outside working hours with the Saturday Club, Diners’ Club, Bowling Nights, visits to the theatre etc.
- A practical course in Healthy Living and Personal Hygiene issues. Experience in various aspects of art.
- A welcoming, happy and caring environment where clients can feel comfortable and safe.
The objectives of Skillshop Ltd are to improve people’s self-esteem, confidence and personal development and to break down social isolation, giving people more fulfilling lives so they are less reliant on staff and will have developed some independent social networks and friendships.
For further information visit www.skillshop.org.uk or email email@example.com
The Crossley Heath School is offering a variety of evening courses starting in September 2015 covering a range of helpful subjects and skills.
- Can’t cook but want to learn – 6 week for £70 – Monday 14 September
- Digital Photography – 6 week for £70 – Monday 14 September
- Learning or developing a language – Details here – £125 for 20x 1 hour 15min sessions
- Life drawing/Painting – 6 week for £70 – Tuesday 15 September
- New to the internet – £60 course – Tuesday 15 September
For detailed information on each course and how to book, please click here.