The next Warley Ward Forum meeting will be an opportunity for residents of the area to come together and meet councillors and local authority representatives. Ward forums are a good opportunity to be informed of what is happening in the locality, get involved in consultations, propose ideas or raise any issues of concern.
Minutes of previous Ward Forum Meeting
Warley Ward forum meeting Notes December 2022
Next Meeting’s Agenda : Warley Agenda March 2023
Warley Ward Forum
6.30pm (doors open at 6.00pm) Monday 6th March 2023
At the Grace Baptist Church, Roils Head Road. Norton Tower. Halifax.
If you have a neighbourhood concern such as speeding traffic, fly tipping, ASB, untidy parks, then please come along and raise it at the forthcoming Warley Ward forum where your councillors and the police will be in attendance, or just come along for a cup of tea and find out what’s going on in your ward area.
Hope to see you there!
Join the meeting at New Hope United Reformed Church (next to the park) this Saturday the 18th of June from 10am – 12pm and have your say about the development and current state of West View Park.
- What do you think are the problems in the park?
- What would make it more attractive and accessible to all?
- What events you would like to see in the park?
- Would you like to be a park volunteer?
If you would like more information, please contact Tony King via email: Tony.King@calderdale.gov.uk
Venue : New Hope United Reformed Church, Warley Road, HX2 0AD
Working together to keep communities safe and to protect the environment – everyone has a part to play
More information and further Public Consultation Event Dates here
Local people are being asked to have their say on proposed changes to the legal restrictions in place to protect Calderdale’s distinctive moorlands and to keep public spaces safe and clean.
Calderdale Council is reviewing its Public Space Protection Orders (PSPOs), which can prohibit certain behaviour or activity as well as require action to be taken in a defined area.
Calderdale currently has seven PSPOs which cover the following:
· The Moorland Fire PSPO was implemented in June 2019 to protect the borough’s moorland and upland areas by preventing the risk of fire.
· Five of the remaining PSPOs introduced restrictions on a person in charge of a dog/s, for example not entering specific areas such as children’s playgrounds and failing to clean up after their dog.
· The final order is in respect to the consumption of alcohol in a public place or other designated area. The order allows Police and community safety wardens to require individuals to stop drinking and surrender their alcohol
By clicking on the link below there is further information about (PSPOs), details of consultation events around Calderdale, FAQs about the PSPO renewal. Maps and link to the consultation feedback form.
Public Space Protection Orders | Calderdale Council
As PSPOs affects us all your views, comments and suggestions are important, so please complete and return the consultation feedback form.
Consultation Feedback Form and other documents here
Read Public Notice Poster
The Park Ward Neighbourhood Plan is now available to read and share your opinions on.
Park Ward Neighbourhood Forum has submitted a draft Neighbourhood Development Plan (the “Park Ward Neighbourhood Plan”) to The Borough Council of Calderdale under Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended).
The Plan sets out a vision for the future of the area and planning policies which will form part of the development plan used to determine planning applications locally.
Copies of the Neighbourhood Plan and other submission documents are available to view on the Council’s
Hard copies are available at the following Libraries and premises during their normal opening times:
- Halifax Central Library and Archives, Square Road, Halifax, HX1 1QG Monday 10:00 to 18.30, Tuesday 10:00 to 17:30, Wednesday 10:00 to 17:30, Thursday 10:00 to 18:30, Friday 10:00 to
17:30, Saturday 10:00 to 16:00
- King Cross Library, 151 Haugh Shaw Road, Halifax, HX1 3BG
Monday 10:00 to 17:00, Tuesday 10:00 to 18:30, Thursday 10:00 to 18:30, Friday 10:00 to 17:00, Saturday 10:00 to 16:00
- Elsie Whitely Innovation Centre, Hopwood Lane, Halifax, HX1 5ER, Monday to Friday 07:00 to 19:00
- The Hanson Lane Enterprise Centre, Hanson Lane, Halifax, HX1 5PG, Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00
The Council are now consulting on the draft Park Ward Neighbourhood Plan, together with its supporting documentation.
Comments are invited on the draft neighbourhood plan and proposed policies, alongside whether the proposed plan fulfils the Basic Conditions as required by the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (inserted by the Localism Act 2011).
Any comments on the draft Sowerby Neighbourhood Plan should be made:
Online : www.calderdale.gov.uk/neighbourhoodplanning
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
by post : Spatial Planning, Planning, Calderdale Council, Mulcture House, HALIFAX, HX1 1SP
All comments must be from identifiable persons, businesses or stakeholders. Anonymous comments will not be accepted.
Any representations may include a request to be notified regarding the Council’s decision to ‘make’ the submitted neighbourhood development plan for Park Ward.
All comments should be received by 5.00pm on Thursday 24th March 2022
Go along to the Holy Nativity Church, Mixenden on Saturday 16 May 2015 from 10am to 12noon and have your say about a new park for the area.
This is your opportunity to find out more and express your thoughts and feelings on the idea of a new park for Mixenden.