Cost of Living Crisis help available :

The Government is offering cost of living support to every household. Find out more today. There is help for every household. Find out what cost of living support you can get today. have put together information to help families with the Cost of Living Crisis. This includes income and disability benefits, bills and allowances, childcare and more.

Find out what is available to you and how you can claim.


Free Fully Funded SIA Security License – West Yorkshire


Week One of SIA Theory

Entry 3 – Certificate in Progression
Level 1 – Award in Employability
Level 1 – Award in Personal Safety
Level 1 – Award in Cyber Security

Week Two of SIA Theory

Day 1 – Emergency First Aid at Work
Day 2 – 7 – SIA Door Supervisor training and exams

Course Units

Principles of Working in The Private Security Industry
Principles of Working as a Door Supervisor
Application of Conflict Management for The Private Security Industry
Application of Physical Intervention in the Private Security Industry


4 multiple choice exams and various physical assessments

Must be unemployed or on a low income (less than £17,000) Be receiving a benefit or not A UK resident for 3 years or more Aged 19 or older on 31 August within the 2021 to 2022 funding year

Leeds and Bradford locations.

Enquire Now

Are you eligible for financial support?

Calderdale Council is reminding residents that they may be eligible for financial support if they are struggling to keep up with payments of rent.

The Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) scheme is an emergency fund which provides financial assistance whilst allowing people time to find alternative solutions. This is an additional payment on top of any housing benefit already received.

DHP is intended to cover shortfalls between Housing Benefit, or the housing element of Universal Credit in payment and rental costs. It can also be used for rent in advance, rent deposits and removal costs.

Take up of the scheme is relatively low in Calderdale, so the Council is running a campaign to let people know that funding exists, to help those most in need.

You can apply online for DHP at or drop in at any Customer First office for an application form.


Are you claiming the right amount of housing benefit?

Have your circumstances changed recently whilst claiming housing benefits and have you declared any changes.

If not then you may be losing out on extra income or you may even be receiving more than you’re entitled to which is a criminal offence that could lead to a fine or even a criminal record.

Don’t run the risk and email or visit

Housing Benefits Flyer

Weekend Care / Disability Support Calderdale Drop In Session

Disability Support Calderdale are going to be running some drop in sessions in partnership with Weekend Care.

The next one is set for Saturday 23 April at Higgins Close, 1 Savile Park Road, Halifax, HX1 2ES from 11am to 1pm

These are open to all and will be an opportunity for people to discuss or seek help and advice on a range of issues, from benefits and appeals, advocacy work, involvement in accessability issues, signposting to relevant services to housing issues.

Aged 16 to 24? Then plan your future!

Calderdale Council CMBCAre you 16 – 24 years old and live in Calderdale?

If so then planned changes to Welfare Benefits could impact YOU.

Come and find out what support is available to help you plan your future.

Wednesday 4 November 2015 – From 3pm to 6pm
At Orange Box, Thomas Street, Halifax, HX1 1AF

Free gift for everyone! Plus entry into a prize draw

Dementia Awareness Week – Are you entitled to SMIPS discount?

This week is dementia week and if you live with someone diagnosed by their doctors as having dementia you could be entitled to the Severely Mentally Impaired Persons’ Status Discount.

A person can qualify if he/she is suffering from a severe impairment of intelligence and social functioning which appears to be permanent and is entitled to at least one of the qualifying benefits found on the link below.

When making an application for the discount you will need to provide a copy of the Letter of Entitlement from the relevant Benefit Agency confirming entitlement to the benefit and you will also be asked to give the Billing Authority signed authority to contact your medical practitioner to confirm your status.

To receive an application form or for further advice please contact the Billing Authority on 01422 393631 or at