Junior Wardens from Whitehill Community Academy welcomed Catherine Edwards CSE Project Worker CSE Hub Calderdale Council West Yorkshire Police Station into school to talk about Healthy Relationships On Line Safety and Raising CSE awareness with Young People
The wardens had really informative interactive and fun discussions around awareness across the board and how to look out for any possible indicators of CSE By Challenge thinking and start conversations and discussion about relationships with adults who support where appropriate
The session was very interactive and fun, asking the wardens what their thoughts and ideas are about relationships and online safety and giving them thoughts about how much information we give away ourselves via social media and how we can protect ourselves further by creating Complex Passwords. …
Boost Network Security. …or following simple safety steps
Staying Safe Online…..
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4) Never give out your passwords (only to parents )
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or teacher about people suggesting you do
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
9) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
10) KEEP SAFE Keep informed and up to date with procedures and information and informing parents how to safeguard their children via social media.