Managed by the North Halifax Partnership Ltd, the work of the Ovenden & Mixenden Initiative is to represent North Halifax communities in Calderdale wide strategic plans, advising service heads about how things work at a local level.
Also known as the Halifax North and East Team the organisation provides support to local people in the wards of Illingworth & Mixenden, Northowram & Shelf, Ovenden, and Warley (including Pellon).
The team includes Ward Link Workers and Community Wardens and is co-located with Pennine, West Yorkshire Police and Calderdale Council staff at the Pennine Housing Office, Turner Avenue South, Illingworth. We also run a hotdesk from Mixenden Library offering general and some specialist advice.
The team also provides community information via the Halifax North & East Blog, Halifax Work Support, local newsletters and small scale events and celebrations.
- Tel: 01422 255402
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.halifaxnorthandeast.com
- Twitter: hxnorthandeast
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/hxnorthandeast
Drop in :
- Mon – Fri: At Pennine Housing Office, 87 Turner Avenue South, Illingworth, HX2 8EF
- Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri: At the Mixenden Library, Mixenden Road, Mixenden, HX2 8PU
- Vicky McGhee – Neighbourhood Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tony King – Ward Coordinator – email@example.com
- Karen Scanlon – Ward Link Worker – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heather Stout – Ward Link Worker – email@example.com
- Matthew Scott Thompson – Ward Link Worker – firstname.lastname@example.org
- David McGhee – Database and Research – email@example.com
- Daniel Marham – Communications Assistant – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ced Oakley – Community Warden – email@example.com
- Dave Pickard – Community Warden – firstname.lastname@example.org