Calderdale Clinical Commissioning group would like to encourage everyone eligible for a Covid vaccination to take the opportunity to protect themselves and others from coronavirus.
Latest data for Calderdale, up to 6th June 2022:
- 429,023 Vaccinations administered to date to Calderdale residents of which 118,421 first Boosters/ 3rd doses
- As of 26th May over 14,500 spring boosters have been administered (the programme started on the 21 March), which is >70% of the eligible cohort.
- It is great to see there are still approximately 500 people coming forward for their evergreen dose every week in Calderdale alone. It’s never too late to get a COVID-19 vaccination. If you haven’t had a first or second vaccination, or a booster, book an appointment or visit a walk-in clinic. It’s the best way to protect yourself, your family, and friends against COVID-19. Book on the following website https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/ or call 119.
- People aged 75 and over, and people aged 12 and over who are immunosuppressed are now eligible for a Spring booster vaccine. The NHS will contact eligible people to book their jab. If you’re not sure whether you’re eligible have a look on the following website https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/ or call 119.
- Children aged 5 to 11 are now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. Appointments are available to book on the NHS website or by calling 119.
Read more: NHS COVID-19 vaccinations start for all 5 – 11 year olds – NHS Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) (calderdaleccg.nhs.uk)
- The Spring Campaign started on the 21 March to offer an additional Booster dose, to those most at risk. Calderdale are approximately 2-3 weeks away from completion of the campaign.
- 31 out of 32 Older people care homes have been visited to offer Spring Boosters.
- Calderdale continue to offer appointments and walk-in availability to everyone eligible for their booster and anyone who wishes to get their first or second dose.
- The JCVI and the local vaccination programme recognises the uncertainty around any future waves or variants of COVID-19. The JCVI have issued interim advice that an Autumn Covid-19 Booster Programme should be offered to
- residents in a care home for older adults and staff
- frontline health and social care workers
- all those 65 years of age and over and
- adults aged 16 to 64 years who are in a clinical risk group
- Remaining older people care home will receive their visit week commencing 6th June 2022. Practices and Community Pharmacies visiting housebound patients over 75 years to administer Spring Boosters.
- Continue to progress our plans for offering vaccinations in local communities
Key contact and useful links
- Book a vaccine: www.nhs.uk/covidvaccine or call 119 for free
- Calderdale walk-in clinics: www.calderdaleccg.nhs.uk/grabajab
- More information about the vaccine and FAQs: www.nhs.uk/covidvaccine
- Questions: email@example.com