Latest data for Calderdale, up to 5th May 2022:
- 427, 937 Vaccinations administered to date to Calderdale residents of which 117, 815 first Boosters/ 3rd doses
- As of 5th May over 10, 000 spring boosters have been administered (the programme started on the 21 March), which is 50% of the eligible cohort.
- Between 500 – 1,000 people come forward for their first or second dose every week in Calderdale. It’s never too late to get a COVID-19 vaccination. If you haven’t had a first or second vaccination, or a booster, book an appointment or visit a walk-in clinic. It’s the best way to protect yourself, your family, and friends against COVID-19. Book on the following website http://www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination or call 119.
- People aged 75 and over, and people aged 12 and over who are immunosuppressed are eligible for a Spring booster vaccine. The NHS will contact eligible people to book their jab. If you’re not sure whether you’re eligible have a look at the NHS website http://www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination or call 119.
- Children aged 5 to 11 are now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. Appointments are available to book on the NHS website or by calling 119. Read more: NHS COVID-19 vaccinations start for all 5 – 11 year olds – NHS Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) (calderdaleccg.nhs.uk)
- The Spring Campaign started on the 21 March to offer an additional Booster dose, to those most at risk. Calderdale are approximately halfway through completion of the campaign.
- 30 out of 32 older people care homes have been visited to offer Spring Boosters.
- Calderdale continue to offer appointments and walk-in availability to everyone eligible for their booster and anyone who wishes to get their first or second dose.
- We would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to those of you who have helped us to deliver over 2,000 conversations on our behalf, we couldn’t have delivered this engagement without you, which has helped to shape the programme. You can read the full report by clicking on the link below https://www.calderdaleccg.nhs.uk/download/experience-covid-vaccination/
- The JCVI and the local vaccination programme recognises the uncertainty around any future waves or variants of COVID-19. In Calderdale we are preparing for the Autumn campaign and possible surge vaccination against this uncertainty.
- Remaining older people in care homes will receive their visit by 25th May 2022. Practices and Community Pharmacies visiting housebound patients over 75 years to administer Spring Boosters.
- Further action being taken to improve uptake of people who are immunosuppressed.
Key contact and useful links