Calderdale Clinical Commissioning group would like to encourage everyone eligible for a Covid vaccination to take the opportunity to protect themselves and others from coronavirus.
Latest data for Calderdale, up to 31 March 2022
- 446,400 Vaccinations administered to-date to Calderdale residents, of which 126,047 were first Boosters/3rd doses.
- 95% booster uptake for eligible Cohorts 1-9 in Calderdale.
- 1,327 Spring Booster doses given since the Campaign was launched on the 21 March
- Key messages to share:
- It’s never too late to get a COVID-19 vaccination. If you haven’t had a first or second vaccination, or a booster, book an appointment or visit a walk-in clinic. It’s the best way to protect yourself, your family, and friends against COVID-19.
- People aged 75 and over, and people aged 12 and over who are immunosuppressed are now eligible for a Spring booster vaccine. The NHS will contact eligible people to book their jab. Read more: NHS begins Spring booster vaccinations this week – NHS Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) (calderdaleccg.nhs.uk)
- Children aged 5 to 11 are now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. Appointments are available to book on the NHS website or by calling 119. Read more: NHS COVID-19 vaccinations start for all 5 – 11 year olds – NHS Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) (calderdaleccg.nhs.uk)
- The Spring Campaign started on the 21 March to offer an additional Booster dose, around 6 months after the last vaccine dose to;
- adults aged 75 years and over
- residents in a care home for older adults
- individuals aged 12 years and over who are immunosuppressed.
- The roving vaccination team visited William Henry Smith School to vaccinate children and young people at higher risk. The team also administered more vaccines to our Asylum seeker community in Halifax.
- Calderdale continue to offer appointments and walk-in availability to everyone eligible for their booster and anyone who wishes to get their first or second dose.
- People who have been involved and supported the programme were thanked in March. If you have been involved in the programme and haven’t yet received your Thank You card, you can get one by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Looking ahead:
- COVID-19 vaccinations for all children 5–11-years-old. National invitations are being sent to parents/ carers with a 5–11-year-old. This will be done in descending age order.
- We are continually reviewing data and insight to shape the programme. To ensure no-one is left behind.
- The JCVI and the local vaccination programme recognises the uncertainty around any future waves or variants of COVID-19. In Calderdale we are preparing for the Autumn campaign and possible surge vaccination against this uncertainty.
Key contact and useful links
- Book a vaccine: www.nhs.uk/covidvaccine or call 119 for free
- Calderdale walk-in clinics: www.calderdaleccg.nhs.uk/grabajab
- More information about the vaccine and FAQs: www.nhs.uk/covidvaccine
- Questions: email@example.com