- After clean water, vaccination is the most effective public health intervention to prevent severe illness and death.
- You should get a COVID-19 vaccine even if you already had COVID-19. Both doses and the booster give most people a high level of protection against COVID-19, even in people who have already been poorly with COVID-19.
- There are lots of appointments and walk-in clinics available to get your vaccine in Calderdale.
- GP-led vaccination sites are starting to invite those age 5-11 years at risk for their Covid Vaccination.
- Booster vaccinations are also being offered to 12-15 year olds who are in a clinical risk group, severely immunosuppressed or a household contact of someone who is immunosuppressed. You will be invited to book via your GP.
- Those who are severely immunosuppressed can walk-in to any site with a letter or if you are age 16+ can book their booster jabs using the National Booking Service
- If you are pregnant or immunosuppressed, you can jump any queue at our walk-in clinics. Just talk to a member of staff when you arrive.
- Covid vaccination clinics for those aged 5-11 year olds at risk have started.
- Continue our visits to schools to vaccinate 12-15’s
- Additional vaccination sites now offering vaccinations to 12-15 year olds alongside the vaccinations being offered in schools.
- Calderdale continue to offer appointments and walk-in availability to everyone eligible for their booster and anyone who wishes to get their first or second dose.
- Practices and CHFT are identifying and inviting all those who are severely immunosuppressed and immunosuppressed (for household contacts) for their third or fourth dose of vaccine.
- There will be half-term clinics to ensure those aged 12-15 can obtain their vaccine out of school if they wish.
- A team will be visiting the Basement Project to talk about the vaccine. Vaccines will be given to anyone who is eligible.
- Continue to work with our communities to co-produce vaccination clinics, in conjunction with trusted local community members where uptake could be better.
- Offer boosters to remaining housebound and care home residents who were unable to get the vaccine at first or second visit or due to recent outbreak.
Key contact and useful links