Calderdale Clinical Commissioning group would like to encourage everyone eligible for a Covid vaccination to take the opportunity to protect themselves and others from coronavirus.
- 16 and 17 year olds can now book their Booster appointments via the National Booking Service or attend a walk-in clinic.
- Booster vaccinations are also being offered to 12-15 year olds who are in a clinical risk group, severely immunosuppressed or a household contact of someone who is immunosuppressed. You will be invited to book via your GP.
- Immunosuppressed age 16+ can book their booster jabs using the National Booking Service
- GP-led vaccination sites are starting to invite those age 5-11 years at risk for their Covid Vaccination.
- There are lots of appointments and walk-in clinics available to get your vaccine in Calderdale.
- If you are pregnant or immunosuppressed, you can jump any queue at our walk-in clinics. Just talk to a member of staff when you arrive.
- Answered the questions and concerns of asylum seekers and refugees new to the area and gave vaccinations.
- Gave vaccinations to people in temporary accommodation who are living with drug and alcohol addiction and have chronic long-term conditions
- Started vaccinating in schools on 28th Jan.
- Calderdale continue to offer enough capacity to offer everyone eligible their booster and anyone who wishes to obtain their evergreen doses.
- Searches being conducted by primary and secondary care to identify eligible at risk 5-11 year olds.
- Additional vaccination sites now offering vaccinations to 12-15 year olds alongside the vaccinations being offered in schools.
- Continue to develop out of school offer for children and young people.
- Roving model will be visiting St Augustine’s and Basement Project to talk to the communities about the vaccine and providing vaccination accordingly.
- Working with Park and Warley community to co-produce vaccination clinics, in conjunction with trusted local community members.
- Offer boosters to remaining housebound and care home residents who were unable to get the vaccine at first or second visit or due to recent outbreak.
Key contact and useful links
- Book a vaccine: www.nhs.uk/covidvaccine or call 119 for free
- Calderdale walk-in clinics: www.calderdaleccg.nhs.uk/grabajab
- More information about the vaccine and FAQs: www.nhs.uk/covidvaccine
- Questions: email@example.com