The next phase of easing restrictions is here.
The general advice is to carry on working from home if you can, keep the precautions, and if you develop symptoms, quarantine and get tested.
The 2m rule is now a personal responsibility rather than government guidance.
Find out what you can and cannot do:
Overview of changes:
- Outdoor gatherings can have up to 30 people, indoor gatherings can have up to 6 people or 2 households.
- Indoor entertainment venues have opened with COVID-secure measures in place. These include cafes, pubs, cinemas, theatres, museums, etc
- Organised indoor sport can recommence for all ages, with reasonable measures in place.
- Hotels and B&Bs can reopen for groups of up to 6.
- Funerals, weddings and other commemorative events are no longer limited but may be determined by how many people the COVID-secure venue can safely accommodate with social distancing.
- Care home residents can have up to five named visitors (two at any one time), provided visitors test negative for COVID-19.
- All higher education students are able to access in-person teaching.
- Support groups and parent and child group gathering limits have been increased to 30 people (not including under 5s)
- There is no longer a legal restriction or permitted reason required to travel internationally.
For the latest information on COVID-19 always use reliable sources, such as: