Reblogged from HuffPost UK – original article by Rachel Moss, HuffPost UK reporter
There’s no denying lockdown has been hard as hell, but as restrictions ease, there are some elements we’re not ready to give up just yet.
Take the move towards more flexible, compassionate workplaces, for example, or, you know, the general acceptance of basic hand hygiene.
You may not agree with them all, but we hope one or two resonate with everyone. For the love of god, though, whatever your opinion, please don’t revert to projectile sneezing…
1. Table service at the pub
We do not miss bar queues.
2. People *actually* staying home when they’re sick
No more snotty colleagues, thank you very much.
3. Appreciating nature
And vibing with the birds like a goddamn Disney Princess.
4. Not having to meal prep packed lunches
Or deal with soggy sandwiches.
5. People leaving a space behind you in a queue
Instead of breathing down your neck.
6. No cheek-kissing when you meet people
An end to the awkward “ooh, we’re going for two!” exchange.
7. People wiping down their gym equipment
See also: respecting personal space.
8. A quiet, low-stress commute
Without as many passengers on the bus or train.
9. Walks with friends
Because meet-ups can be free.
10. Wearing leggings/shorts to work
Adding your dressing gown when it’s cold.
11. Getting smashed in your living room
Then not having to organise a taxi home.
12. The kindness of neighbours
Coupled with the hilarity of the Nextdoor app.
13. Parents forming an orderly queue at school drop-off
The front gate jostle can do one.
14. Sending surprises in the post
And receiving the loveliest things back.
15. Shopping at local, independent businesses
And getting to know the owners so they call you by name.
16. An end to soft play
Save parents from the rubbery fart smell.
17. Ditching your bra
18. Cycling more
And realising you don’t need to use the tube/bus as frequently.
19. Having more time for personal hobbies
Without a packed social calendar.
20. Treasuring the company of friends and family
Yep, we got sentimental real quick.
21. Zoom quizzes
Jokes, they can burn in hell.
Personally liking (probably in this order): 5, 6, 2, 3, 8, 9, 13, 16, 19, 20… but I’d keep 21!
How about you? Anything else you’d like to keep? Any of these you’d like gone? Comment down below!