The Violence Reduction Unit (VRU) has an exciting opportunity for members of West Yorkshire’s community to join our first ever VRU Community Advisory Group.
Members will be asked use their local knowledge to discuss their concerns around serious violence, the challenges communities are facing and how these concerns can be rectified. The VRU will also ask members to comment on and evaluate new and existing interventions. Most importantly, this group will be owned and chaired by members – providing a voice for the community.
Criteria for Members
- Be over the age of 18
- Live within West Yorkshire
- Open to learning more about the work of the VRU
- Willing to contribute to discussions about local and regional serious violence
- Willing to share key community safety messages
- Be able to commit a minimum of 2 hours every two months (either virtually or in-person)
Registering an interest to be a member
Applicants are required to complete the attached expressions of interest form. The expression of interest form should be sent via email to: email@example.com quoting “Community Advisory Group” in the subject. Deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 7th February. For more information please contact us using the email address above.