You will already know that the government has announced new national restrictions for England from Thursday 5th November. This is what this will mean for the service offered by Calderdale Libraries.
Many of you have enjoyed being able to return to the Central Library, Halifax and 5 of our Hub libraries in recent weeks. We have certainly enjoyed welcoming you back. From 5th November, however, we have to step back for a while – at least until the government review on 2nd December.
The only Calderdale library to remain open will be Central Library, Halifax. This will be for our Select & Collect service only: https://calderdale.spydus.co.uk/cgi-bin/spydus.exe/MSGTRN/WPAC/HOME?HOMEPRMS=GENPARAMS
This means we are returning to Phase 1, so there won’t be computer access, browsing, movement around the building beyond the ground floor or access to Local Studies or Archives.
Central Library will be open for this service Tuesday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm
All other Calderdale libraries will be closed altogether during this period.
Items on loan will automatically be renewed until 31st January 2021
The Home Library Service will still be operating and this is currently open to anyone who wants to register to make use of it: https://www.calderdale.gov.uk/v2/residents/leisure-and-culture/libraries/home-library-service
(note that the information in the blue box is applicable and the restrictions mentioned lower down don’t currently apply).
All our digital services will continue to be available too, so you can:
- Access e-books, e-audio books, digital magazines and comics. All are available to download free from https://calderdale.rbdigitalglobal.com/
- Access 24-hour reference resources from the Digital Library at https://www.calderdale.gov.uk/v2/residents/leisure-and-culture/libraries/digital-library
- Enjoy story time and craft sessions at facebook.com/Calderdale Libraries
- If you have general queries about library services, please email: email@example.com
- If you have Local Studies enquiries, you are welcome to email: firstname.lastname@example.org Local Studies staff will do their best to help, though they won’t be in the library during this period so won’t be able to access hard copy resources.