As part of the regional Safeguarding Training Fund through NCVO and the National Lottery, there is a regional Safer Recruitment and DBS training session being delivered via Zoom on Monday 21st September at 11am and it is free and open to all VCS groups in West Yorkshire. The trainer is Lyn Gavin, a senior staff member with the DBS service so she really knows her stuff!
The session will cover:
• DBS processing and relevant changes due to COVID
• Assessing if a role is eligible for a DBS check
• Dealing with disclosures of criminal convictions
• The DBS update service and keeping records up to date
• How to report a safeguarding concern relating to a member of staff or volunteer.
• Recognise types of harmful behaviour and conduct
• Understand what information to provide
• What it means to be barred and legal consequences
• Question and Answer Session
To register your place, please click here: https://dbsfor3rdsectorinyorkshire.eventbrite.co.uk