” A Minute is All it takes to Calm your Mind and Body “
“Do you have a minute?”… is the top line for our new Calderdale community project.
The project is called One Minute Motions.
If you’ve ever spent just one minute on a meditation app – watching the circle move as you breathe in and out – you’ll know it helps calm your mind and body.
Well, we are creating Calderdale’s very own version!
We are asking the people of Calderdale and beyond to create one-minute mindful videos, incorporating dance and movement.
Why? To boost mental wellbeing among the Calderdale community.
How? Through a free online gallery of One Minute Motion films that goes live on World Mental Health Day, Saturday 10th October 2020.
The project is called One Minute Motions. #OneMinuteMotions
We need your videos.
You don’t need any fancy equipment to film. Anything with a camera – phone, tablet, laptop – will work.
Feel like being part of this creative community project? Here’s everything you need to know:
- This opportunity is open to people of all ages, and it’s free to get involved. You don’t need to have any specific experience in dance or film; everyone is welcome.
- Make your film around one minute in length and include some ‘motion’ through dance or movement.
- Register your film HERE, so we know it’s yours.
- Then send it across via wetransfer to email@example.com – make sure to include your name and the name of your film so we can match it up to your registration.
- Deadline for submissions is 5pm on Wednesday 30th September.
For those of you who are from outside of Calderdale, you are still very welcome to get involved!
More information can be found here: www.curiousmotion.org.uk/omm
We’ll be sure to promote the makers of each video in our communications throughout October.