We have been working hard to make our libraries Covid Safe, so that we can reopen to the public. This means that when we open we will be operating in a different way to usual. We have a phased plan for reopening.
During phase 1, and for a minimum period of 2 weeks, we will offer daily opening hours Tue-Sat 10am to 4pm.
During this initial phase of reopening you can:
• Return items
• Collect pre-ordered items
• Request items held at this Library
• Access e-books, e-audio books, digital magazines and comics. All are available to download free from https://calderdale.rbdigitalglobal.com/
• Access 24-hour reference resources from the Digital Library at
• Enjoy story time and craft sessions at facebook.com/Calderdale Libraries
• Use the Home Library Service E-mail: HomeLibraryService@calderdale.gov.uk or call 01422 288062
During phase 2 of re-opening (but not phase 1) you will also be able to:
• Browse stock
• Access public computers, printers and photocopiers, with some limitations
• View local studies resources, by appointment
• Use public toilets and baby changing facilities
Phase 2 arrangements will continue until the end of 2020.
What cannot be done yet
The following will, unfortunately, not be available in either phase:
Study space, meeting room space or newspapers and magazines
We hope to be in a position to announce opening dates soon. Please check the council website for future confirmation of dates.
We look forward to welcoming you all back when it is safe to do so!
Fiona Willats, our Museum Education Officer is currently developing a series of engaging virtual sessions funded by the Arts Council for England that will be bookable for schools in the Autumn term.
These will be linked to the Tudors, the Great Fire of London, Anne Lister, the Victorians and the Second World War are just a selection of topics they will cover.