As the Covid-19 lockdown eases this alert will be reduced to monthly issues. Thank you to everyone for sharing the information and for reporting. We will continue to share the picture, locally, regionally and nationally.
This alert outlines trending fraud patterns during the current COVID-19 pandemic and what we can do to stay protected.
Outline of trending scams:
- Investment Fraud Warning: Ponzi schemes on the rise
- Rogue trader offering ‘free’ cavity wall insulation and boiler upgrades
- Flyers offering ‘free’ CCTV claiming burglaries are on the rise
Click the images below to enlarge:
West Yorkshire Trading Standards Service newsletters and resources –
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is
- If you feel pressured, ask them to leave.
- Friends and family are best to ask.
- Don’t make any snap decisions.
- Do the checks and use a number you have found yourself, not the one the visitor provides.
Stay Alert, Stay Safe