As the rules around lockdown continue to be relaxed we would like to remind all communities that:
- People can spread the virus even if they don’t have symptoms.
- It is really important to socially distance, to protect ourselves and others around us. If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people where possible. If it is not possible to socially distance you should wear a face covering. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-wear-and-make-a-cloth-face-covering
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap well for 20 seconds, regularly, especially when you first get home.
- Do not leave home if you or someone you live with has the symptoms:
- a high temperature or
- a new, continuous cough or
- loss or change in your sense of smell and taste
- If you’ve got coronavirus symptoms- you need to book a test by going to www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or call 119.
- If you are told you are a contact of someone who has tested positive for coronavirus, you must self-isolate for 14 days.
- There is lots of support to help you during this time and to help you stay at home, such as financial support, help with buying food and medicines. You can request support from the council by contacting us at: www.calderdale.gov.uk/v2/coronavirus-covid-19/support-extremely-vulnerable OR Tel: 01422 392890
- Most people will be able to manage the illness at home. If you feel you cannot do the things you would normally do, because you are poorly call 111.
Doctors of the world have some really good information in all languages (including Czech, Slovak, Polish and Roma):
https://www.doctorsoftheworld.org.uk/coronavirus-information/. Although it is yet to include translated information about test and trace.