Calderdale Sports Services provide first-class sports, coaching, activity and development sessions. We work with schools, young people, and parents to help increase participation, raise attainment, and promote active, healthy lifestyles, by providing:
- exciting, stimulating and challenging sports and activities;
- services available to both primary and secondary students, focused to the criteria of the sports premium funding and to meet Ofsted requirements;
- activities that are risk assessed and delivered in a safe and effective way, at your school or at our first-class facilities;
- teams of experienced coaches who are all employed by the Council. They have all been subjected to an Enhanced Disclosure and barring service (DBS)check, and have the required qualifications and skill levels to enable all young people to get the maximum benefit from each coaching session.
- Help for people on drug and alcohol rehabilitation
- Enable inactive people to start their journey away from diabetes and other life limiting illnesses.
- Activities for people with disabilities and outlets for family members.
- First aid and lifesaving skills.
For a list of all available services, please click here.
We are also working with the Calderdale Schools sports programme (CSSP) to ensure the sports and activity offer for schools is comprehensive and gives best value for money. We look forward to discussing your requirements in greater detail so we can develop a bespoke package for your school and young people.
For more information Contact Gary Byrnes, Sports Services Manager at Gary.Byrnes@calderdale.gov.uk