Karen Scanlon arranged for the Junior Wardens from Whitehill Academy to be out and about in Illingworth Road on Wednesday 22 May 2019 with help from Community Wardens Lee Ackroyd and Ray Jackson, PCSO Neal Lefroy-Owen from West Yorkshire Police to monitor speed in the local area.
The Junior Wardens mounted the speed and those going above the speed of 20mph was greeted with a thumbs down.
The results were:
- Illingworth Road at the side of Natty Lane Park Halifax
- 69 Vehicles were recorded
- 6 Vehicles drove at the speed limit of 20mph
- 29 Vehicles drove UNDER 20mph
- 40 Vehicles drove ABOVE the speed limit of 20mph
The highest Speed recorded was 30 mph
- Vehicles – 69
- 85% – 10
- Average -20.78261