Limited to areas of former Hillards shops, covering Sowerby Bridge, Brighouse (including Elland) and Todmorden. The Trust usually makes grants on a one-off basis of £1,000, but also seeks to make 2 grants a year of up to £10,000 if it can identify projects that will have a significant impact on an organisation’s effective delivery of its services.
- Old Age luncheon clubs, outings, winter aid and help for the disabled
- Education of the young e.g. reading support, literacy, advocation, one to one support, enhancing sports opportunities
- Children’s charities unless they fall within the exclusions
- Medical health related volunteer schemes, respite care and hospices
- Church based projects with a proven outreach factor
There is no deadline, but Trustees meet at end of March 2019.
More info: https://www.hillards-trust.co.uk/