On Tuesday 10 October, Karen Scanlon from North Halifax Partnership was joined by Lee Ackroyd (Community Warden Halifax North and East), Illingworth Neighbourhood Watch and PC Chris Newton to monitor the traffic speed at Riley Lane, Bradshaw facing down towards Holdsworth Road. The traffic was monitored from 3:00pm to 5:00pm.
This road has a 20 mph speed limit and the aim was to assess how drivers were performing in this area.
- 158 Vehicles were recorded
- 57 Vehicles drove at the speed limit of 20mph
- 29 Vehicles drove UNDER 20mph
- 72 Vehicles drove ABOVE the speed limit of 20mph
- 3 Male and 1 Female driver were stopped and vehicles checks performed
- 16 Other Vehicles were advised
The details recorded were as follows;