Everyone should have the chance to succeed in life, to develop skills and build a career. Hopeful Families is a flexible community programme designed to help participants overcome whatever challenges they face. Run by Pluss and community partners such as HOT, it aims to help families manage the tough times and build a brighter future.
Help with everyday life.
- Personal development – help to build your confidence, health and wellbeing.
- Help with daily life – including advice on housing, money / debt, childcare, healthy eating, leisure relationships, anger-management, mental health and much more.
- Help to manage your health condition, disability, anxiety or addiction.
- Access to benefits and financial advice.
- 1 to 1 support – a Family Mentor will work with you and your family to help improve your situation and outlook.
- Develop new skills.
- Help to access training – anything from basic skills to vocational and professional qualifications.
- Help to master digital technology – including computers, tablets, phones, software and the internet.
- Help to prepare for work – including clubs and work trials so you can try out jobs and gain experience.
- Job search – preparing CVs, applications and interview practice. Help you to approach employers.
- Once participants enter into work, Halifax Opportunities Trust stay in regular contact to offer ongoing support.
For more information visit the website at https://www.regen.org.uk/employment/hopeful-families/ or email Michelle.Morris@regen.org.uk