VAC will be holding a course on Equality and Diversity on Wednesday 13 December, 9:30am – 4:30pm at the VAC Resource Centre, Hall Street, HX1 5AY.
This session will help you to review and improve your performance for people with characteristics protected by the Equality Act 2010 and align your policies and procedures with the NHS Equality Delivery System (known as EDS2) to help deliver public services.
The one-day training course looks at:
1. Key definitions around equality and diversity including equality of process, equality of choice and equality of outcome
2. The Equality Act 2010 – the Protected Characteristics. The latest breaking news from the courts and tribunals covering service delivery and employment
3. Links to other laws such as the Care Act – brief outline
4. The Public-Sector Equality Duty – paying due regard to equality
5. Implementing the Duty with EDS2 – an audit framework for your policies and procedures including corporate governance, human resources, access to services, service user involvement AND partners/stakeholders
6. Signposting other sources of information and help
Booking is via the VAC website http://cvac.org.uk/product/eqanddiversity/
Alternatively, please ring the Training Administrator for more information on 01422 348777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org