Join the grand re-opening day from 10am on Yorkshire Day, Tuesday 1 August when a lucky competition winner will ring The Piece Hall bell, echoing the very first day of trading back in 1779.
- Enjoy the festivities as you explore this spectacular building.
- Browse the new shops and pop-up traders, sample some tasty food and drink, check out the galleries and take in a heritage tour to discover The Piece Hall’s fascinating past.
- Get involved with the FREE FAMILY ACTIVITIES including giant weaving and art at the cart.
- Catch a performance from a local musician or artist happening throughout the day and into the evening.
Throughout the day, in addition to the permanent new heritage spaces, The Piece Hall Story, The Map Room and The Traders’ Room, you can enjoy:-
- Actors portraying some of the characters from The Piece Hall’s history.
- Children’s activities, including trails, crafts, giant weaving, a heritage challenge, dressing up.
- Victorian-style photographic display by Emma Mitchell who will be on hand to talk about her work.
- An exhibition from local artist, Jake Attree, The Piece Hall’s artist-in-residence who has documented the transformation project.
- Performances from local musicians and artists.
- Pop up street food stalls.