Noah’s Ark are currently looking for volunteers who can spare 2-3 hours a week to work alongside children from the ages of 4 – 11. As well as the main Community Café and Counselling Centre in Ovenden they also have outreach projects in Elland, Brighouse, Beech Hill (Pellon Lane) and Hebden Bridge.
They will provide full in-house training and continued support.
- The aim of RAINBOWS is to help children who have faced loss to believe in their own goodness and the value of their family.
- Rainbows is a structured programme to help children talk through their feelings with other children who are experiencing loss in their family.
- The Rainbows programme helps by providing a safe setting. They use adult facilitators and materials, journals, storybooks, games and creative activities to help lead them gently through the grieving process.
- The children learn to develop trust, express their feelings, be heard and valued and work together as part of a group.
If you are interested and would like to have a chat please contact Andrea Turpin on 01422 300457 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Children can attend the programme when experiencing:
- Death or divorce, family situations
- Foster home
- Coping with grave illness of a family member
- A parent serving a prison sentence
- Families where one parent has never been part of a child’s life
- An adoptive home
- Families headed by grandparents or other relatives
- Families in which children have experienced abuse or violence
A Rainbows group consists of 3 – 5 children and 2/3 trained adult facilitators who have been fully DBS checked.