The Ovenden Community Alcohol Partnership’s Week of Action is a series of activities planned to raise awareness and tackle underage drinking between Monday 19 June –Saturday 24 June 2017.
Education is key the CAP and part of the activity will be to go in to Trinity Academy to talk directly to young people as well as visiting retailers to raise awareness about the law around alcohol sales and the impact of underage alcohol consumption on individuals and the community.
Over 100 CAPs have now been set up across the UK as a way to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour.
- TUESDAY 20 JUNE – Visit to Trinity Academy to talk about the consequences and impact of alcohol related antisocial behviour
- WEDNESDAY 21 JUNE – Spray Challenge 25 and Proxy buying for under 18s in Ovenden and Lee Mount. Meet at Moorside School Ovenden, 5.30pm.
- WEDNESDAY 21 JUNE – Ovenden Ward Forum. On the agenda ALCOHOL BRIEF INTERVENTIONS TRAINING. All welcome at Moorside Community School from 6pm for a 6.30pm start.
- THURSDAY 22 JUNE – CAP info / Outside the Box Drop In Afternoon. Event for residents, young people and partners at Forest Cottage, Cousin Lane, 3pm -5.30pm
- FRIDAY 23 JUNE – Nighttime Walkabout and Youth Outreach in Ovenden and Lee Mount. Debrief from 5.30pm at Forest Cottage and then walkabout 6pm – 9pm.
- SATURDAY 24 JUNE – Information stall at Shrogg’s Party In The Park, 12pm – 4pm, Shrogg’s Park, Lee Mount.
For more information on any of the activities in the Week of Action, contact Karen Scanlon on 01422 255402 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Pc Kim McCloskey, Ovenden Ward Officer for West Yorkshire Police on email@example.com
If there is no CAP in your area but you would like to talk about setting up a CAP, the CAP team will be able to give help and advice. Contact Karen above and she’ll help put you in touch.