Voluntary Action Calderdale are running a Well Aware recovery course at their offices at Hall Street, Halifax starting Tuesday 4th July 2017 5.45pm – 20.15pm
Well Aware is a recovery course developed and delivered by workers and volunteers with lived experience of mental distress.
The course will help participants identify, challenge and change unhelpful thinking, learn new coping strategies, improve resilience through reflective & engaging exercises.
All sessions will be held in a safe, non-judgemental and confidential space.
In the six weeks we will look at a range of topics including:-
- What recovery in mental health means to me
- Understanding beliefs and values
- Reflecting on and identifying strengths and key learning points
- Exploring emotions, beliefs and thoughts
- The locus of control and practical strategies
- sing reflection as a tool to develop self awareness and understanding
Anyone wishing to come on the course should contact Recovery and Support Team at Healthy Minds to arrange an informal chat.
Attendance on the course is free. It is essential to book your place
Contact 01422 345154 and ask for Nicola
or you can register your interest on our website: www.healthymindscalderdale.co.uk