- The idea came from parents on the advisory board for North Halifax Partnership Children’s Centres in Ovenden. It was to put on an event about healthy food and fun activities for local families
- Friends of Beechwood Park, Moorside School, and residents on our North Halifax Partnership got on board and the idea grew a bit bigger…
- … Now we want as many local groups and organisations as possible to take part in this good old fashioned summer event – from behind the scenes planning to putting on a dancing show or sports testers, or having a craft stall
- By planning early, we will know exactly how many activities we can put on without additional costs on the day. Local groups and people know all about making a little go a long way.
- We’ve got a bid in to the Big Lottery (we will know by Christmas), and we’ll be looking at alternative sources of funding if that fails.
- We’re going to hold meetings once a month to plan the event. The first is on Thursday 8 December at 2pm – 3.30pm at Moorside School Nurture Unit and it’s open to anyone interested in helping, and/or having a stall or delivering an activity on 1 July Big Beechwood Picnic.
- Please come along and bring your ideas – it’s as open as that at this stage. If you can’t come to this meeting , but you want to be involved, just let us know
Watch this space for more news and dates after Christmas