Small grants and Large grants are available to not-for-profit organisations in the UK that are supporting children and young people of 18 years and under who are experiencing disadvantage through:
- Illness, distress, abuse or neglect.
- Any kind of disability.
- Behavioural or psychological difficulties.
- Living in poverty or situations of deprivation.
Organisations must be working to combat this disadvantage and to make a real difference to children and young people’s lives and applications can be made for either of the following:
- Main Grants of over £10,000 can support projects for up to three years. There is no upper limit but very few grants over £100,000 are made and most grants are for much less.
- Small Grants of up to £10,000 can support projects for one year.
The grants are to be used for direct project costs that relate clearly and directly to a project. These can include:
- Volunteer expenses
- Building hire costs and travel costs
In many cases project costs also include less delivery-focused aspects such as line management, administration, insurance and utilities. Match funding is not required.
The deadlines for Small Grant applications are 1 June, 1 September, and 1 December 2016.
The deadlines for Main Grant applications are 15 May and 15 September 2016.
For further information on the Children in Need Grants Programme, eligibility and how to apply please click here.