Halifax Opportunities Trust is a local charity that works with job seekers in Calderdale on a new scheme provided by Job Centre Plus. Part of this scheme is to provide up to 6 months’ work experience placements within community & charitable organisations.
Work experience for job seekers is a valuable part of their journey back to employment, and helps them to strengthen their CV and applications.
What we are trying to do is expand the range of opportunities available.
Could your organisation or group offer a work placement to help somebody on this journey, or do you have any one-off projects that you need completing?
We have a variety of people with a variety of skills available including:
- Painting and Decorating
- Administration & Reception
- Customer Service
- IT & Technical
- Support/Care Work
- Ad hoc duties
HOTS will visit and help out with placements and will only offer suitable people if your group deals with sensitive issues or vulnerable clients. HOTS can provide DBS checks for individuals who require one.
Key points to consider:
- Customers are referred from the Job Centre Plus and attendance on the placement scheme is mandatory.
- Hours required are anywhere between 16 and 30 hours per week.
- Duration of placement can be from 6 weeks or up to 6 months
- Timesheets will need to be signed to confirm attendance
If you would like to find out more, please contact Brian Percival by email on email@example.com or telephone 01422347392 or 07974072548