Metro is reviewing bus services in the Calderdale area. The Combined Authority supports many early morning, rural, evening and Sunday services in Calderdale. However, like most public bodies its funding has reduced, making it even more important to ensure public money is spent in the most effective and efficient way.
Public consultation on the proposed changes will run until Monday 21 July 2014. Feedback gained will be used to help shape the new network and when that’s finalised, issue tender documents to bus operators. Contracts will be awarded in autumn and the new network will be in place by the end of January 2015.
The following documents list the bus services in Calderdale and whether they are affected by the review. Many bus services are operated commercially or have already been reviewed (such as Calder Valley and those operating into North Kirklees) and so are unlikely to change.
Calderdale Bus Service Proposals
- Calderdale Bus Review – services affected by the review (opens in new window)
- Calderdale Bus Review – How if affects your area (opens in new window)
- Proposed timetables – Services 343 – 530 (opens in new window)
- Proposed timetables – Services 531 – 546 (opens in new window)
- Proposed timetables – Services 547 – 573 (opens in new window)
- Proposed timetables – Services 574 – 901 (opens in new window)
The proposals also include some bus services which travel outside Calderdale District. These mainly involve the withdrawal of poorly used evening journeys however we are proposing to completely withdraw the following services:
The Combined Authority is holding a series of public consultation drop-in at Halifax Bus Station on Wednesday 2 July, 7.30am – 10.30am.
Metro would like to know what you think about the proposals. Please complete the Calderdale Bus Review Survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CalderdaleBusNetworkReview
If you need to contact the Authority regarding these proposals, please email firstname.lastname@example.org