The talent and community spirit in Illingworth, Mixenden and Ovenden shone through at the North Halifax Neighbourhood Awards 2013 on Friday night.
St Catherine’s Assistant Head Andrew Smith opened the ceremony and local Councillors were among those invited to present the awards to the winners.
Dazzling young performers from St Catherine’s Catholic High School and Trinity Academy Community Choir provided the musical entertainment in between the awards.
The winners were:
- Contribution to Our Environment – Bikeability Team
- Contribution to Children & Young People – Helen Ridehalgh
- Contribution to Culture – Annette Duncan
- Contribution to Sport & Play – Crossley Belles
- Community Involvement – Mixenden Activity Centre
- Young People of the Year – St George’s, Ovenden, Scout Troup
- Contribution to the Older Generation – June Bedford
- Contribution to Work & Training – Vicky Finn
- Outstanding Individual – James Glossop
- Lifetime Achievement – Carol Wadley
Liz Broadley, Neighbourhood manager for Ovenden and Mixenden Initiative said
It’s been another lovely evening with North Halifax friends and neighbours old and new Thanks to everyone who took time to tell us about the people who really make a difference in their communities And yet again the young performers from the three schools were truly awe-inspiring; I think without doubt some stars of the future there!